- 1 What is the best area to stay in the Bahamas?
- 2 Where should I stay in Nassau?
- 3 Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
- 4 Can you walk to Paradise Island from Nassau?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 7 How many days do you need in Nassau?
- 8 Can you visit Atlantis for free?
- 9 Does Nassau have all-inclusive resorts?
- 10 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 11 Is the Bahamas Safe for Tourists 2020?
- 12 What is bad about the Bahamas?
- 13 Is it safe to walk around downtown Nassau?
- 14 Is Paradise Island in Nassau safe?
- 15 How much is a cab from Nassau to Paradise Island?
What is the best area to stay in the Bahamas?
Where to stay in the Bahamas first time – Nassau Island
- Paradise Island (mix of beach and nightlife)
- Paradise Island (Easy stay with plenty of kids activities)
- Grand Bahama (relaxed beach time with small kids)
- Long Island (secluded with a resort)
- Andros Island (for the marine parks)
- Bimini Islands (for shipwrecks)
Where should I stay in Nassau?
Where to Stay in Nassau
- Bay Street – Bay Street is a busy street that runs along the coastline.
- Downtown – the downtown area is where you will find most of the tourist attractions, including the Parliament building and the statue of Queen Victoria.
- Paradise Island – this small island is located north of Nassau.
Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
- The Exumas.
- Harbour Island.
- Long Island.
- San Salvador.
Can you walk to Paradise Island from Nassau?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
How many days do you need in Nassau?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips. Here’s how to make the most of three days in the Bahamian capital.
Can you visit Atlantis for free?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
Does Nassau have all-inclusive resorts?
Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas, is an ideal year-round destination with temperatures generally hovering in the 70s and 80s Fahrenheit. And while Nassau has a past filled with pirating lore, relaxed beachfront all – inclusive Bahamas resorts dominate its present.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Is the Bahamas Safe for Tourists 2020?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
What is bad about the Bahamas?
While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Is it safe to walk around downtown Nassau?
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK: LOW Nassau isn’t the safest destination for solo female travelers. Women have reported catcalls and sexual harassment while walking on the streets of this city. If you are a female solo traveler, you are advised to reject rides from strangers or taxi drivers who appear unlicensed.
Is Paradise Island in Nassau safe?
While in downtown Nassau, you need to be alert and on the lookout for pickpockets and ATM scammers. However, across the bridge on Nassau Paradise Island, this resort-filled town is home to safe hotels, like the Atlantis hotel. Be cautious when visiting the ‘Over-the-Hill’ community (south of Shirley Street) in Nassau.
How much is a cab from Nassau to Paradise Island?
From the Nassau airport taxi rates are approximately $32 to downtown Nassau, $22 to Cable Beach and $38 to Paradise Island—plus the bridge toll. Fares are based on two passengers; there is an additional charge for extra passengers and extra luggage.