- 1 Where can I donate my computer near me?
- 2 How do I dispose of electronics in Nassau County?
- 3 Which charities take old computers?
- 4 Where can I donate a used laptop?
- 5 How do I donate a computer?
- 6 Are computers with cause legitimate?
- 7 Where can I dispose of electronics in Long Island?
- 8 How do I dispose of a mattress in Nassau County?
- 9 How do I dispose of paint in Nassau County?
- 10 How do I destroy a hard drive before recycling my computer?
- 11 How do I donate a computer to charity?
- 12 How do you prepare a computer for disposal?
- 13 What should I do with my old laptop?
- 14 Is it safe to donate an old laptop?
- 15 How can I get a free laptop for my child?
Where can I donate my computer near me?
Goodwill Industries accepts used computers, monitors, TV sets, digital cameras, printers, and other electronic equipment in any condition. They also accept empty printer cartridges. If you’re an individual, you must donate in person, but Goodwill will pick up from larger businesses.
How do I dispose of electronics in Nassau County?
How Can I E-Cycle? Residents served by the Town of Hempstead Department of Sanitation may arrange for a Special Pickup of electronic waste at their residence by calling (516) 378-8484.
Which charities take old computers?
Computer recycling schemes One of the best recycling services we’ve come across is called WeeeCharity. This charity will collect your old computing equipment free of charge from your home. It will also offer to wipe your data securely, free of charge.
Where can I donate a used laptop?
Donate Your Old Laptop And Help London’s Children Learn In Lockdown
- Catbytes* (Lewisham)
- Don’s Local Action* (Wandsworth, Merton and Kingston)
- Lambeth Tech Aid (Lambeth)
- Little Lives ( London -wide)
- Mer-IT (Islington)
- Power to Connect (Wandsworth)
How do I donate a computer?
How to Get a Donated Laptop
- Look for technology reuse or refurbish non-profits near you, then call to see whether they refurbish laptops and how to get on the list.
- Search Recycles.org for donation offerings near you, or request a laptop donation.
- Apply for a laptop through the Computer Recycling Center (crc.org).
Are computers with cause legitimate?
5. Computers with Causes is another good nonprofit option. This organization provides refurbished computers at no cost to those with financial need. Students and returning military veterans can also qualify through this organization.
Where can I dispose of electronics in Long Island?
The following stores also offer free electronics recycling: Home Depot, Lowes, Target and Verizon.
How do I dispose of a mattress in Nassau County?
To request a Special Pickup along with specific disposal instructions, please call (516) 378-8484 or (516) 378-4210, Option 2. Special pickup items include appliances, bulky metal items, furniture, mattresses, etc.
How do I dispose of paint in Nassau County?
The dried paint contents can be disposed of with your regular trash in a sealed plastic garbage bag. The now empty metal (tin) or plastic container can be placed in your recycling container for metal, glass and plastic items.
How do I destroy a hard drive before recycling my computer?
Your first option for deleting data from your hard drive is using a data-wiping program. Do this if you want to keep the drive usable but data erased. You can use the free program called Darik’s Boot and Nuke (DBAN), which comes in a version that runs off USB flash drives and another that runs off a CD or a DVD.
How do I donate a computer to charity?
Contact the organization before donating. Not all organizations accept computer donations, and some do not accept any computers older than two years. To find the Goodwill agency near you and what donations they accept, use the zip code locator at www.goodwill.org, or call (800) 664-6577.
How do you prepare a computer for disposal?
We’ve outlined the steps we recommend you take below.
- Delete and overwrite sensitive files.
- Turn on drive encryption.
- Deauthorize your computer.
- Delete your browsing history.
- Uninstall your programs.
- Consult your employer about data disposal policies.
- Wipe your hard drive.
What should I do with my old laptop?
Here’s What To Do With That Old Laptop
- Recycle It. Instead of dumping your laptop in the trash, look for electronic collection programs that will help you recycle it.
- Sell It. If your laptop is in good condition, you can sell it on Craiglist or eBay.
- Trade It.
- Donate It.
- Turn It Into A Media Station.
Is it safe to donate an old laptop?
Here’s one possible answer: Donate it. It’s also a good idea to make sure you donate your old device safely. That means protecting your personal information by saving your data and removing it from your device.
How can I get a free laptop for my child?
If your school doesn’t have the technology your child needs, look at your state’s department of education website. The state may have programs that your local school isn’t aware of. Another place to look are nearby public charter schools. Some charter schools offer one-to-one computing, where every child gets a device.