- 1 What is the safest town on Long Island?
- 2 What are the bad areas of Long Island?
- 3 Where should I live in Nassau County NY?
- 4 What is the best area to live in Long Island NY?
- 5 Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
- 6 What is the most dangerous part of New York City?
- 7 What is the most ghetto borough in NYC?
- 8 Where is the New York ghetto?
- 9 Is Wyandanch a ghetto?
- 10 What is the richest area in Long Island?
- 11 Is Long Island more expensive than NYC?
- 12 Is Suffolk or Nassau more expensive?
- 13 What’s the cheapest place to live in NYC?
- 14 Where is the richest part of the Hamptons?
- 15 Why does Long Island have high taxes?
What is the safest town on Long Island?
New York State’s safest community is East Hampton Town, an affluent Long Island community which logged a very high 1.29 score on the Safety Index. East Hampton enjoys a low violent crime rate of 0.85 per 1,000 and a property crime rate of 11.34 per 1,000.
What are the bad areas of Long Island?
Long Beach (. 86 violent crimes per 1,000 residents) also cracked the top five. Other Long Island municipalities to make the top 50 on the list:
- Lynbrook (11th);
- East Hampton (16th);
- Rockville Centre (22nd);
- Hyde Park (24th);
- Port Washington (25th);
- Southold (29th);
- Freeport (31st);
- Southampton (32nd);
Where should I live in Nassau County NY?
- Great Neck Plaza. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Jericho. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Great Neck Gardens. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Syosset. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Manhasset Hills. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- East Williston. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Kensington. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Great Neck Estates.
What is the best area to live in Long Island NY?
- The Best Long Island Neighborhoods for Millennials. May 14, 2019.
- Greenport. The history of Greenport dates back to the mid-1600s.
- Smithtown. Ranked among the best towns to live in Long Island, Smithtown, in Suffolk County, lies along Long Island’s north shore.
- Stony Brook.
- Lake Ronkonkoma.
Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
The 10 Most Affordable Suburbs in Long Island
- Smithtown. The town of Smithtown is located in Suffolk County.
- Stony Brook. The Suburb of Stony Brook is located in Suffolk County in the town of Brookhaven.
- Massapequa Park. Massapequa Park is a suburb in Nassau County in the town of Oyster Bay.
- Lake Ronkonkoma.
What is the most dangerous part of New York City?
These neighborhoods have the highest rates of violent crime per capita across New York City:
- Fort Greene (Brooklyn)
- Brownsville (Brooklyn)
- Bronx River (Bronx)
- Navy Hill (Brooklyn)
- Mount Eden (Bronx)
- Longwood (Bronx)
- Mott Haven (Bronx)
- Fordham (Bronx)
What is the most ghetto borough in NYC?
Here are the 10 most risky NYC neighborhoods
- Brooklyn Heights, Boerum Hill, Dumbo.
- Chelsea and Hell’s Kitchen.
- Fort Green and Clinton Hill.
- Flatiron and Gramercy.
- Hunts Point.
Where is the New York ghetto?
South Jamaica is a working class neighborhood in Queens that’s pretty famously known as being called one of the most ghetto places in New York. Merely 1 in 3 people graduated from high school here, and the number of reports of dangerous elements here is reported pretty much daily.
Is Wyandanch a ghetto?
Wyandanch is one of the very few Long Island communities that I would truly consider to be ghetto to the core and Wyandanch really needs a miracle.
What is the richest area in Long Island?
The 3 Most Expensive Neighborhoods in Long Island
- Old Westbury, located in Oyster Bay on Long Island’s north shore, has become home to many of the country’s most notable families, including the du Ponts, Vanderbilts, and Whitneys.
- Sands Point is the wealthiest town in New York state, with a median home price of $2 million.
Is Long Island more expensive than NYC?
In fact, Long Island is one of the most expensive places to live in the United States beating out New York City. It costs a family of four around $140,000 just to get by comfortably. Taxes, of course, are what make the bulk of expenses, followed by housing, transportation, and health care.
Is Suffolk or Nassau more expensive?
Nassau, Suffolk are the most expensive places to live in the U.S., data website says. According to a report by data search engine FindTheBest, Nassau and Suffolk counties are the most expensive places to live in America.
What’s the cheapest place to live in NYC?
Here are a few more affordable neighborhoods in NYC to check out.
- Washington Heights (Manhattan)
- Flatbush (Brooklyn)
- Inwood (Manhattan)
- Murray Hill (Manhattan)
- Sunnyside (Queens)
- Bedford Park (The Bronx)
- All areas of Staten Island.
Where is the richest part of the Hamptons?
The most expensive neighborhoods lie south of the highway, and most of all in the so-called Estate Areas of Southampton Village, Water Mill, Bridgehampton, Sagaponack and East Hampton Village.
Why does Long Island have high taxes?
There are a lot of reasons why property taxes are so high on Long Island. The biggest is the incredible proliferation of special taxing districts throughout the Island. These include more than 125 school districts, each of which has a highly paid superintendent and administrative staff.