- 1 What is there to do on Long Island this weekend?
- 2 What is there to do today in Nassau County?
- 3 What can you do for free on Long Island?
- 4 What is there to do on a rainy day on Long Island?
- 5 Where can I see seals on Long Island?
- 6 What is Long Island famous for?
- 7 Is Long Island safe?
- 8 What is there to do in Patchogue today?
- 9 Where can I drive to on Long Island?
- 10 What is the richest town on Long Island?
- 11 What foods is Long Island known for?
- 12 How much does it cost to get into Tobay Beach?
- 13 What to do in the Hamptons when it’s raining?
- 14 What is there to do on Long Island in the winter?
- 15 What can toddlers do on Long Island?
What is there to do on Long Island this weekend?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do on Long Island, NY
- Montauk Point Lighthouse. Montauk Lighthouse.
- Jones Beach State Park. Jones Beach.
- The Hamptons. Hamptons beach house.
- Long Island Aquarium. Long Island Aquarium | Mike Durkin / photo modified.
- Fire Island. Fire Island Lighthouse.
- Old Westbury Gardens. Old Westbury Gardens.
- Sagamore Hill National Historic Site.
- Oheka Castle.
What is there to do today in Nassau County?
Here are some not-to-be-missed destinations!
- Museum Row.
- Old Bethpage Village Restoration.
- Americana Manhasset.
- Old Westbury Gardens.
- Sands Point.
- Bethpage Black Golf Course/Bethpage State Park.
- Sagamore Hill National Historic Site.
- Belmont Park.
What can you do for free on Long Island?
13 Free Things to Do on Long Island, New York
- 01 of 13. Watch the Sun Go Down on the Beach. Rudi Von Briel/Stockbyte/Getty Images.
- 02 of 13. Visit Long Island Wine Country.
- 03 of 13. Take a Hike.
- 04 of 13. Visit the Big Duck.
- 05 of 13. Attend a Free Concert.
- 06 of 13. Stroll Through An Outdoor Sculpture Park.
- 07 of 13. Visit Grumman Memorial Park.
- 08 of 13. Attend a Free Festival.
What is there to do on a rainy day on Long Island?
Best rainy day activities in Long Island, NY
- Simplay. 15.3 mi. 22 reviews.
- Vanderbilt Museum. 22.0 mi. 122 reviews.
- Gateway’s Haunted Playhouse. 4.1 mi. 62 reviews.
- Tiki Action Park. 6.6 mi. 48 reviews.
- Animal Farm Petting Zoo. 8.1 mi. 37 reviews.
- Long Island Aquarium. 17.6 mi. 250 reviews.
- Hicksville Gregory Museum. 29.2 mi. 6 reviews.
- It Adventure Ropes Course. 32.6 mi. 41 reviews.
Where can I see seals on Long Island?
Where to Go Seal Watching on Long Island
- Jones Beach Energy and Nature Center – Wantagh.
- Atlantic Marine Conservation Society – Southampton.
- Coastal Research and Education Society of Long Island (CRESLI) – Westhampton Beach.
- Montauk State Park – Montauk.
What is Long Island famous for?
Long Island is a year-round destination with easy access to New York City and diverse attractions from the famed beaches of the Hamptons, Fire Island and Jones Beach, to historic Gold Coast Mansions, award-winning vineyards, eclectic dining, boutique shopping and charming downtowns.
Is Long Island safe?
Four Long Island towns were among the top-five when it came to the 2019 rankings. East Hampton notched the state’s highest score at 1.29 due to low crime rates across the board. The Long Island community has a crime rate of 0.85 per 1,000 residents and a property crime rate of 11.34 per 1,000.
What is there to do in Patchogue today?
The top attractions to visit in Patchogue are:
- Fire Island National Seashore.
- Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts.
- Blue Point Brewery.
- 89 North.
- Shorefront Park.
Where can I drive to on Long Island?
Best scenic drive in Long Island, NY
- Caumsett State Historic Park Preserve. 27.4 mi. 87 reviews.
- Sunken Meadow State Park. 16.6 mi. 86 reviews.
- Avalon Park & Preserve. 11.7 mi. 72 reviews.
- Blydenburgh Park. 13.5 mi. 52 reviews.
- The Sands Point Preserve Conservancy. 38.5 mi.
- Port Washington. 37.7 mi.
- Cedar Beach Town Park. 10.5 mi.
- Bayard Cutting Arboretum. 11.7 mi.
What is the richest town on Long Island?
The 3 Most Expensive Neighborhoods in Long Island
- Old Westbury, located in Oyster Bay on Long Island’s north shore, has become home to many of the country’s most notable families, including the du Ponts, Vanderbilts, and Whitneys.
- Sands Point is the wealthiest town in New York state, with a median home price of $2 million.
What foods is Long Island known for?
From Long Island’s juiciest fried chicken to the plumpest lobster roll, the quest is on.
- Lobster roll at Clam Bar.
- Ice cream at Snowflake.
- Cheese steaks at Sid’s All-American.
- Local oysters at Little Creek Oyster Farm & Market.
- Fish tacos at Kingston’s Clam Bar.
- Fried clams at Bigelow’s.
- Steamers at Buoy One.
How much does it cost to get into Tobay Beach?
Free for all residents and non-residents. The sanctuary is a 550-acre stretch of protected wetlands. It is open year-round, but visitation hours are limited Memorial Day through Labor Day until after 5PM. Joseph J. Saladino Memorial Marina at TOBAY.
What to do in the Hamptons when it’s raining?
10 Rainy Day Hamptons Pastimes
- Visit a Museum: Children’s Museum of the East End and The Sag Harbor Whaling Museum are great if you have kids.
- Read: Stop by the public libraries in East Hampton, Bridgehampton, and Westhampton.
What is there to do on Long Island in the winter?
Can’t-miss winter fun for families on Long Island
- Try rock climbing. Credit: Ian J.
- Decorate baked goods. Credit: A Cake in Time/Sherry Sobel.
- Visit train track models. Credit: West Island Model Railroad Club.
- Try an indoor golf course. Credit: Glowgolf.
- Head to a museum. Credit: Randee Daddona.
- Go sledding.
- Go seal watching.
- See the Boardwalk Lights in Long Beach.
What can toddlers do on Long Island?
- Long Island Children’s Museum — Garden City.
- Ikea — Hicksville.
- Lolli Bop Cafe & Play — Lawrence.
- Center for Science Teaching & Learning — Rockville Centre.
- Tackapausha Museum and Preserve — Seaford.
- Children’s Museum of the East End — Bridgehampton.
- American Airpower Museum — Farmingdale.