- 1 What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
- 2 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas on a cruise?
- 3 Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 What are the conditions in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 Are taxis safe in Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 Is Nassau safe for tourists?
- 8 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 9 What is the best cruise to the Bahamas?
- 10 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 11 What is bad about the Bahamas?
- 12 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 13 What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
- 14 Do you tip in the Bahamas?
- 15 Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
Read on to find out more:
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas on a cruise?
Check out some of these activities to make the most of your cruise to The Bahamas.
- Take an Adventure.
- Take a Dive Trip.
- Catamaran Sail and Snorkel.
- Native Quest.
- Get Ready for Some Sightseeing.
- Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and City Tour.
- Climb the Queen’s Staircase.
Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
What are the conditions in Nassau Bahamas?
Weather Today in Nassau, The Bahamas
- High / Low. –/72°
- Wind. 14 mph.
- Humidity. 72%
- Pressure. 29.99 in.
- UV Index. 2 of 10.
- Visibility. 6 mi.
- Moon Phase. Full Moon.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Are taxis safe in Nassau Bahamas?
Whether you need to get to your hotel from the airport or want to explore Nassau, you should always avoid taxis that appear unlicensed. Your best bet: Ask the front door staff at your hotel or resort, or the restaurant or club you’re visiting, to arrange a licensed taxi for you.
Is Nassau safe for tourists?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
What is the best cruise to the Bahamas?
Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean
- #1. Disney Cruise Line. #1 in Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean.
- #2. Royal Caribbean International. #2 in Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean.
- #3. Seabourn Cruise Line. #3 in Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean.
- #4. Celebrity Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #7. Princess Cruises.
- #8. Holland America Line.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is bad about the Bahamas?
While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
Here too, from December to March there may be short cool periods, sometimes a bit cold. The temperature dropped to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in January 1977, to 6 °C (43 °F) in January 1981, to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in February 1996, and to 9 °C (48 °F) in January 2010. Nassau.
Do you tip in the Bahamas?
Tipping is customary in The Bahamas, and you should tip according to the quality of service you receive. Bellboys and porters usually receive $1 per bag, while most other servers (waiters, taxis, etc.) receive 15%.
Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.