- 1 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 2 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
- 3 Is Nassau a good port?
- 4 Can you walk to beach from Nassau port?
- 5 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 6 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 11 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 12 How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
- 13 How far is Junkanoo Beach from cruise port?
- 14 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 15 How far is Love Beach from Nassau cruise port?
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Is Nassau a good port?
Nassau is a surprisingly diverse port. Beach lovers and travelers who enjoy water sports, diving or snorkeling will find a wide variety of excursions and activities to suit their tastes. Nassau is also filled with historic sites and shopping opportunities.
Can you walk to beach from Nassau port?
Location – Cabbage Beach Cabbage Beach is located on Paradise Island just over the bridge from your Nassau Cruise Port. While it’s possible to walk there, it would take close to an hour to get there on foot. Instead, jump in a cab and for $4 per person you ‘ll be there in 10-15 minutes.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
- Cable Beach. 2,293. Beaches. By by Glori4.
- Queen’s Staircase. 2,169. Historic Sites. By by NCMom1977.
- John Watling’s Distillery. 848. Speciality & Gift Shops • Bar, Club & Pub Tours.
- Cabbage Beach. 1,048. Beaches.
- Baha Mar Casino. 364. Casinos.
- Junkanoo Beach. 2,041. Beaches.
- Straw Market. 2,188. Flea & Street Markets.
- Jaws Beach. 185. Beaches.
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
Nassau is a big port famous for Bay Street Shopping and the Straw Market. The Straw Market is a short 5-10 min from the ship depending on how far away your ship is docked.
How far is Junkanoo Beach from cruise port?
Junkanoo Beach This is literally the first beach you might set foot upon as it’s located just 15 minutes from the cruise port. Junkanoo Beach is a popular party beach found a walking distance from Prince George Wharf.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
How far is Love Beach from Nassau cruise port?
Love Beach is a nice find if you are in Nassau and want to get away from the crowds but would like some facilities and snorkeling. It is a 30 minute drive from the port but worth the trip. There are facilities there, chairs, lots of shade, WiFi and a bar. You can snorkel there.