- 1 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas on a cruise?
- 2 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 3 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
- 4 Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 8 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 9 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 10 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 11 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 12 Is Nassau Bahamas safe for tourists?
- 13 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 14 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 15 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas on a cruise?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
- Frommers: Beaches in Bahamas.
- Nassau Paradise Island: The Queen’s Staircase.
- Nassau Paradise Island: Tour Local Forts.
- AMMC Bahamas: Pompey Museum of Slavery and Emancipation.
- The Islands of the Bahamas: Museums.
- Pirates of Nassau: Pirates of the Bahamas.
- Cruise Critic: Nassau Cruise Port.
Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
Cruise ships visiting Nassau dock at the Prince George Wharf within short walking distance of Bay Street and the downtown district.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
- Cable Beach. 2,293. Beaches. By by Glori4.
- Queen’s Staircase. 2,169. Historic Sites. By by NCMom1977.
- John Watling’s Distillery. 848. Speciality & Gift Shops • Bar, Club & Pub Tours.
- Cabbage Beach. 1,048. Beaches.
- Baha Mar Casino. 364. Casinos.
- Junkanoo Beach. 2,041. Beaches.
- Straw Market. 2,188. Flea & Street Markets.
- Jaws Beach. 185. Beaches.
Is Nassau Bahamas safe for tourists?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.