- 1 Who owns Nassau University Medical Center?
- 2 Is Nassau University Medical Center a teaching hospital?
- 3 How many hospitals are in Nassau County?
- 4 When was Meadowbrook Hospital built?
- 5 Is there a hospital on Long Island Bahamas?
- 6 What are the public hospitals on Long Island?
- 7 What hospitals are in Nassau County?
Who owns Nassau University Medical Center?
Nassau University Medical Center ( NUMC ) is a public teaching hospital affiliated with the Health Sciences Center of Stony Brook University and with Northwell Health. The 19 story, 631 bed Level I Trauma Center is located at 2201 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, NY.
Is Nassau University Medical Center a teaching hospital?
Nassau University Medical Center is a 530-bed tertiary-care teaching hospital that has been the primary source of medical care for millions of Nassau County residents since 1935.
How many hospitals are in Nassau County?
LI has 23 hospitals — 11 in Nassau County and 12 in Suffolk County — serving a combined population of 2.8 million. By comparison, New York City has 214 hospitals serving 8.6 million residents.
When was Meadowbrook Hospital built?
What began in 1935 as Meadowbrook Hospital — a 200-bed general hospital in then-rural East Meadow, New York — has become part of a unique health organization with multiple centers of care, and a commitment to deliver excellent essential care to everyone, at every stage of life.
Is there a hospital on Long Island Bahamas?
Traveling to the Out Islands of The Bahamas comes with its risks, namely there are no hospitals and if serious injury occurs, you may be looking at an airlift evacuation. Clinics are available within most reasonably sized settlements.
What are the public hospitals on Long Island?
Public Hospitals in Long Island, NY
- ProHEALTH Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine.
- Brookhaven Hemodialysis Center.
- DNG Placement Services, Inc.
- Thrive Medical of Sayville.
- Thrive Medical of Smithtown.
- North Shore Psychiatric Consultants.
- ProHEALTH Smith Haven Pediatrics.
- Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center.
What hospitals are in Nassau County?
The Best 10 Hospitals in Nassau County, NY
- Emergency Department at NYU Winthrop Hospital. 2.5 mi. 114 reviews.
- Syosset Hospital. 6.2 mi. 42 reviews.
- St. Francis Hospital. 5.3 mi.
- North Shore University Hospital. 5.7 mi. 183 reviews.
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center. 5.8 mi. 144 reviews.
- South Nassau Hospital. 6.9 mi.
- Plainview Hospital. 6.4 mi.
- Mount Sinai South Nassau. 7.1 mi.