- 1 Whats better Princess Cays or Half Moon Cay?
- 2 What is there to do in Princess Cays Bahamas?
- 3 How far is Princess Cays from Nassau?
- 4 Is food included on Princess Cays?
- 5 Does Carnival own Princess Cays?
- 6 What cruise lines go to Half Moon Cay?
- 7 Do you need a passport to go to Princess Cays?
- 8 Who owns Princess Cays?
- 9 Where is Half Moon Cay located?
- 10 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 11 What is the best time of year to go to the Bahamas?
- 12 Can you drink the water in Bahamas?
- 13 Can you skip formal night on a cruise?
- 14 Can you wear jeans to dinner on a Princess Cruise?
- 15 Does Carnival drink package work on Princess Cays?
Whats better Princess Cays or Half Moon Cay?
Beaches: Passengers love the soft, powdery sand of Half Moon Cay. On Princess Cays, the sand runs a bit more coarse, with some rocky beach areas. Half Moon Cay offers horseback riding, biking and hiking. Princess Cays features coastal cruising, fishing and a clear-bottom kayak tour.
What is there to do in Princess Cays Bahamas?
The Top 10 Things to Do in Princess Cays
- Visit Local Villages.
- Snorkel the Seas.
- Go Fishing.
- Get into the Water (Sports)
- Get Rad on a Dune Buggy.
- Take a Walk.
- Hang on Tight.
- Retreat like a VIP.
How far is Princess Cays from Nassau?
Princess Cays is located approximately 50 miles (80 km) from Nassau, Bahamas. Visitors can go swimming, kayaking, banana boating, paddle boating, skiing, snorkeling, parasailing, sailboating, or waverunning. There are also volleyball and basketball courts. Cabanas are available for daily rental.
Is food included on Princess Cays?
Food and some drinks are provided free at Princess Cays. These are free for those with an all-inclusive drinks package.
Does Carnival own Princess Cays?
Princess Cays is a Carnival Corporation owned island/port tucked away in the islands of the Bahamas… and oh man what a dream.
What cruise lines go to Half Moon Cay?
Half Moon Cay is an exclusive port of call for all Holland America and Carnival cruise liners operating in the Caribbean. Prior to Holland America, the island was owned by NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line.
Do you need a passport to go to Princess Cays?
At the south end of the island of Eleuthera, Princess Cays offers island resort living at its finest. If you ‘re looking for cruises that don’t require a passport, take a round trip sail to Bermuda from New York City, Baltimore, Charleston or one of two Florida ports of call.
Who owns Princess Cays?
The private Bahamian resort Princess Cays, owned by Princess Cruises, a subsidiary of Carnival Cruise Corporation, went up in flames Monday night, Bahamas Press reported. The port at the southern tip of the Bahamian island Eleuthera hosts about five Princess and Carnival cruise ships every week.
Where is Half Moon Cay located?
Little San Salvador Island, also known as Half Moon Cay, is one of about 700 islands that make up the archipelago of The Bahamas. It is located roughly halfway between Eleuthera and Cat Island, administratively in the Cat Island District.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the best time of year to go to the Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-December to mid-April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year -round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
Can you drink the water in Bahamas?
Water — Technically, tap water is drinkable throughout The Bahamas. Still, we almost always opt for bottled. Resorts tend to filter and chlorinate tap water more aggressively than other establishments; elsewhere, bottled water is available at stores and supermarkets, and tastes better than that from a tap.
Can you skip formal night on a cruise?
6. Don’t skip formal night – REPEAT: DO NOT SKIP FORMAL NIGHT! Gone, for the most part, are the days of tuxedos and ball gowns on “ formal night.” There are still cruise lines that require formal wear, including sports jackets for men on formal night. However, in general, cruising has become more casual.
Can you wear jeans to dinner on a Princess Cruise?
Princess Cruises In the dining rooms, items such as shorts, pool wear and baseball caps are not permitted; shoes must be worn at all times. Jeans are permitted as long as they aren’t fraying and don’t have holes.
Does Carnival drink package work on Princess Cays?
Unfortunately, Carnival’s drink package does not cover any beverages purchased off the ship… including on Half Moon Cay or Princess Cays. So any drinks purchased there will be charged to your Sail & Sign card.