- 1 Where should I stay in Nassau?
- 2 What is the best island to stay on in the Bahamas?
- 3 Where is best to stay in the Bahamas?
- 4 Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 How many days do you need in Nassau?
- 7 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 8 Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
- 9 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 10 Where should we stay in Atlantis Bahamas?
- 11 How do you travel between islands in the Bahamas?
- 12 Where do couples go in Bahamas?
- 13 Is the Bahamas Safe for Tourists 2020?
- 14 What is bad about the Bahamas?
- 15 What is the safest island in the Caribbean?
Where should I stay in Nassau?
Where to Stay in Nassau
- Bay Street – Bay Street is a busy street that runs along the coastline.
- Downtown – the downtown area is where you will find most of the tourist attractions, including the Parliament building and the statue of Queen Victoria.
- Paradise Island – this small island is located north of Nassau.
What is the best island to stay on in the Bahamas?
Long Island is ideal for travelers who want some peace and quiet, or those who want to enjoy some of the best diving the Bahamas has to offer. In fact, one of the world’s deepest blue holes, Dean’s Blue Hole is located just offshore from Long Island, and visitors are free to go snorkeling or scuba diving there.
Where is best to stay in the Bahamas?
Where to stay in the Bahamas first time – Nassau Island
- Paradise Island (mix of beach and nightlife)
- Paradise Island (Easy stay with plenty of kids activities)
- Grand Bahama (relaxed beach time with small kids)
- Long Island (secluded with a resort)
- Andros Island (for the marine parks)
- Bimini Islands (for shipwrecks)
Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
- The Exumas.
- Harbour Island.
- Long Island.
- San Salvador.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How many days do you need in Nassau?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips. Here’s how to make the most of three days in the Bahamian capital.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
Freeport is smaller, quieter, safer, better beaches, smaller casinos, better snorkeling, better water and less shopping than Nassau.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Where should we stay in Atlantis Bahamas?
Atlantis – Harborside Resort, The Cove at Atlantis, and The Coral at Atlantis are all popular resorts for travelers staying in Atlantis Bahamas.
How do you travel between islands in the Bahamas?
When you are planning to travel between two islands, your options could be fast air-conditioned ferries operated by ‘ Bahamas Ferries’, or taking a domestic flight operated by the national airline ‘ Bahamas Air’, or even a Mailboat (slow ferries which are still in operation since old days).
Where do couples go in Bahamas?
Most Romantic Hotels in the Bahamas
- The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas. See more prices.
- The Cove Eleuthera. Gregory Town, Eleuthera.
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island. Nassau, New Providence Island.
- Fowl Cay Resort. Great Exuma, Caribbean.
- Pink Sands Resort. Harbour Island, Caribbean.
- Paradise Cove Beach Resort.
Is the Bahamas Safe for Tourists 2020?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
What is bad about the Bahamas?
While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What is the safest island in the Caribbean?
Montserrat, nicknamed “The Emerald Isle of the Caribbean” both for its terrain and the heritage of its inhabitants, is a British territory in the Leeward Islands and it is considered to be the safest island in the Caribbean, with its last recorded murder occurring in 2008.