- 1 How do you get around Nassau?
- 2 Is there public transportation in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Where does the 21A bus go?
- 4 Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
- 5 Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
- 6 Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Do you tip in Bahamas?
- 9 Is there Uber in Bahamas?
- 10 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 11 What is the friendliest Caribbean island?
- 12 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
How do you get around Nassau?
Your best bet is to stick with taxis, jitneys (local medium sized buses) and the ferry boats.
- Public Jitney. There are many jitney buses traveling around Nassau and into the suburban areas of Nassau.
- Paradise Island to Nassau and Back.
- Atlantis Casino Shuttles.
- Scooter Rentals.
- Horse Drawn Surrey.
Is there public transportation in Nassau Bahamas?
Transportation in Nassau: Jitney Bus For a convenient and inexpensive way to get around Nassau in the Bahamas, it’s hard to beat the local Jitney bus service. Jitneys cost a mere $1.00 each way, run frequently, and can take you all the way from one end of the island to the other.
Where does the 21A bus go?
Route # 21A Starting point: The intersection at Malcolm Road and Baillou Hill Road, Baillou Hill Road (south), Summer Haven, East Street, Bamboo Boulevard, Buttonwood Street, Sapodilla Boulevard, Kennedy Sub-Division, Soldier Road, East Street, East Hill Street depot, East Street, Shirley Street, Princess Street, Duke
Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
Whether you need to get to your hotel from the airport or want to explore Nassau, you should always avoid taxis that appear unlicensed. Your best bet: Ask the front door staff at your hotel or resort, or the restaurant or club you’re visiting, to arrange a licensed taxi for you.
Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Do you tip in Bahamas?
Tipping is customary in The Bahamas, and you should tip according to the quality of service you receive. Bellboys and porters usually receive $1 per bag, while most other servers (waiters, taxis, etc.) receive 15%.
Is there Uber in Bahamas?
No, Uber and Lyft do not operate in the Bahamas. You will find this to be the case in many “paradise” type locations and islands. It is not a great market location for rideshares (a lot of times people will just walk to where they need to go on the island). However, there ARE taxis that operate in the Bahamas.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What is the friendliest Caribbean island?
Saba. Though it’s one of the lesser known islands, Saba is just as beautiful and welcoming as the other—and was voted the friendliest island in the Caribbean.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.