- 1 What documents do I need to travel to the Bahamas?
- 2 Do you have to have a passport to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
- 3 What do I need to know before going to the Bahamas?
- 4 Do you need a green card to go to Bahamas?
- 5 How much does a Bahamas Health visa cost?
- 6 How much is Bahamas visa fee?
- 7 How much cash should you bring on a cruise?
- 8 What is the best time to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
- 9 Can you get off the cruise ship without a passport?
- 10 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 11 How much money should I take to the Bahamas?
- 12 What currency is accepted in the Bahamas?
- 13 How long can I stay in the Bahamas without a visa?
- 14 Can a foreigner buy a house in the Bahamas?
- 15 Can I go to Bahamas with US visa?
What documents do I need to travel to the Bahamas?
Passport Requirements The Bahamas requires tourists from the U.S. demonstrate proof of citizenship and photo identification. While a birth certificate and driver’s license are sufficient to enter the Bahamas via cruise, they will not suffice for traveling to and from the Bahamas by air.
Do you have to have a passport to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
Do You Need a Passport to Cruise to the Bahamas? If you are a US citizen, you can take a “closed-loop cruise ” (one that begins and ends at the same port) to The Bahamas without a passport. Instead, you ‘ll need to present another proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate and a government-issued photo ID.
What do I need to know before going to the Bahamas?
The Bahamas: What to Know Before You Go
- Cars travel on the left side of the road.
- English is the language.
- The US dollar is accepted.
- It’s not cheap.
- Tipping is customary.
- Pack for the seasons.
- Be ready to be bombarded with people trying to sell you things.
- Don’t leave without trying local conch.
Do you need a green card to go to Bahamas?
To enter The Bahamas, non-U.S. citizens need the following documentation: For visits NOT exceeding 30 days: An Alien Registration Card ( Green Card ) and a Valid National Passport from their country of birth are required.
How much does a Bahamas Health visa cost?
Cost of The Bahamas Health Travel Visa: $40 – Visitors staying up to four nights and five days. $40 – Citizens and returning residents. $60 – Visitors staying more than four nights.
How much is Bahamas visa fee?
|Type of Visa||Cost of Visa|
|Single Entry Visitor Visa||£100 ( ₦47,230 )|
|Multiple Entry Visitor Visa||£110 ( ₦51,953 )|
How much cash should you bring on a cruise?
Cash for Day in Port: Tipping: $20 per day. Meals: $10-20 per person, per meal. Souvenirs: $10-20 per person, per day. Miscellaneous: $20 per day.
What is the best time to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
If trying to avoid noisy ships and crowded ports, the best times for a Bahamas cruise might be between mid-April and mid-May, which is before hurricane season starts in June, and from just after Labor Day until mid-November. (Historically, August and September are the most active months of hurricane season.)
Can you get off the cruise ship without a passport?
If you are aboard a Caribbean closed-loop cruise, (a cruise that departs and ends at the same U.S. port), you can travel with a state-issued ID (for example: your driver’s license) and an original birth certificate. You must have both of these documents in order to be able to travel without a passport.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How much money should I take to the Bahamas?
How much money will you need for your trip to the Bahamas? You should plan to spend around BS$159 ($161) per day on your vacation in the Bahamas, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
What currency is accepted in the Bahamas?
The Bahamian dollar is on par with the US dollar – no need to exchange currency! Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and most debit cards are also widely accepted throughout Nassau Paradise Island, as well as travelers’ cheques.
How long can I stay in the Bahamas without a visa?
A valid national passport and a Bahamas visa are required for U.S. resident non-citizens wishing to stay longer than 30 days. Canadian visitors only require a visa if stays exceed more than eight (8) months.
Can a foreigner buy a house in the Bahamas?
There are no restrictions on foreign property ownership in the Bahamas. Foreigners buying property can apply to the Bahamian government for permanent residency status, a move some people make because it may carry significant tax advantages in their home countries, Mr.
Can I go to Bahamas with US visa?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.