- 1 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas on a cruise?
- 2 What is the distance between Freeport and Nassau?
- 3 What is the difference between Nassau and Freeport Bahamas?
- 4 How long does it take to get from Freeport to Nassau?
- 5 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 7 How long is a boat ride from Nassau to Freeport?
- 8 Is Freeport Bahamas safe?
- 9 Is Atlantis in Nassau or Freeport?
- 10 What is Nassau famous for?
- 11 What should I buy in the Bahamas?
- 12 What is Nassau Bahamas known for?
- 13 Are Freeport and Nassau on the same island?
- 14 How long is the boat ride from Florida to Bahamas?
- 15 Can you drink the water in Bahamas?
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas on a cruise?
26 Things to Do in Nassau, Bahamas While On a Cruise
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
What is the distance between Freeport and Nassau?
The shortest distance (air line) between Freeport -Bahamas and Nassau is 131.68 mi (211.92 km). The shortest route between Freeport -Bahamas and Nassau is 154.44 mi (248.56 km) according to the route planner. The driving time is approx. 14h 19min.
What is the difference between Nassau and Freeport Bahamas?
Freeport does not compare to Nassau. Freeport has its hotels and a tourist area or two but Nassau is much nicer and busier. Also probably cheaper to fly into. I have never stayed off of Paridise Island though.
How long does it take to get from Freeport to Nassau?
How long does it take to get from Freeport to Nassau? It takes approximately 45 min to get from Freeport to Nassau, including transfers.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
How long is a boat ride from Nassau to Freeport?
The best way to get from Nassau to Freeport without a car is to car ferry which takes 9h 10m and costs $132 – $135. How long does it take to get from Nassau to Freeport? It takes approximately 44 min to get from Nassau to Freeport, including transfers.
Is Freeport Bahamas safe?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence (Nassau) and Grand Bahama ( Freeport ) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Is Atlantis in Nassau or Freeport?
Atlantis is in Nassau not Freeport. It’s a whole different island. Atlantis is on Paradise Island, nearly 100 miles away over open water.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
What should I buy in the Bahamas?
Amazing Things to Buy in The Bahamas
- Straw Goods.
- Conch Shell Jewelry.
- Jams and Jellies.
- Pine Seed Doll.
- Junkanoo Art.
What is Nassau Bahamas known for?
20 amazing things The Bahamas are known for
- Pristine white sand beaches and turquoise waters.
- The swimming pigs of Exuma.
- The playground of the world’s rich and famous.
- History of pirates.
- Fantastic scuba diving and snorkeling.
- The first landing of Christopher Columbus.
- The Bahama Mama cocktail.
Are Freeport and Nassau on the same island?
The Bimini islands are to its northwest. To the North is the island of Grand Bahama, home to the second-largest city in the country, Freeport. Nassau is the capital and largest city, located on New Providence.
How long is the boat ride from Florida to Bahamas?
The journey by boat can be as short as 2.5 hours, so it’s an excellent choice for a Miami to Bahamas one-day trip. The island really has it going on.
Can you drink the water in Bahamas?
Drinking water is generally of good quality Drinking tap water in the Bahamas is generally of good quality and safety is considered to be well regulated. First of all, although tap water is considered good, you can still stick to bottled water.