- 1 What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
- 3 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 4 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 5 What is there to do in Nassau port?
- 6 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 What can you buy at the Straw Market in Nassau?
- 8 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 9 How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
- 10 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 11 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 12 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 13 Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
Balmoral Island, Pearl Island and Sandy Toes also offer private-island experiences near Nassau. Cruise travelers whose ships arrive early in Nassau may want to take the approximately one-hour drive to Stuart’s Cove, where they can experience snorkeling, diving and swimming with sharks.
How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
Nassau is a big port famous for Bay Street Shopping and the Straw Market. The Straw Market is a short 5-10 min from the ship depending on how far away your ship is docked.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What is there to do in Nassau port?
26 Things to Do in Nassau, Bahamas While On a Cruise
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
What can you buy at the Straw Market in Nassau?
It’s home to handmade Bahamian crafts, gifts, souvenirs, and items such as hand-woven straw hats, bags, mats, dolls, conch shell jewelry, and wood carvings—and all available at very reasonable prices, especially if you’re good at negotiating! A woman looking at an intricately detailed bag at the Straw Market.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to Atlantis Paradise Island is to taxi which costs $60 – $75 and takes 15 min.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.