- 1 What is the poverty level in Nassau County NY?
- 2 Is Hempstead poor?
- 3 What are the demographics of Nassau County NY?
- 4 What percent of Nassau County is black?
- 5 Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
- 6 What is the richest town on Long Island?
- 7 Is Hempstead a safe place to live?
- 8 Is Hempstead a good town?
- 9 What is the crime rate in Hempstead NY?
- 10 How many black people are on Long Island?
- 11 Where is the best place to live in Nassau County?
- 12 What is the oldest town on Long Island?
- 13 What is the population of Long Island 2020?
- 14 How many seniors live in Nassau County?
What is the poverty level in Nassau County NY?
|Income & Poverty|
|Median household income (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019||$116,100|
|Per capita income in past 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019||$51,422|
|Persons in poverty, percent|| 5.6%|
Is Hempstead poor?
19.3% of the population for whom poverty status is determined in Hempstead, NY (10.5k out of 54.4k people) live below the poverty line, a number that is higher than the national average of 13.1%. The largest demographic living in poverty are Females 25 – 34, followed by Females 35 – 44 and then Males 6 – 11.
What are the demographics of Nassau County NY?
In 2019, Nassau County’s racial and ethnic makeup was 58.2% non- Hispanic white, 11.3% Black or African American, 0.2% American Indian or Alaska Native, 10.3% Asian, 0.7% some other race, and 1.9% two or more races. The Hispanic and Latin American population increased to 17.5% of the population.
What percent of Nassau County is black?
The 5 largest ethnic groups in Nassau County, NY are White (Non-Hispanic) (59%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (11.4%), Asian (Non-Hispanic) (9.92%), White (Hispanic) (8.66%), and Other (Hispanic) (6.5%).
Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
The 10 Most Affordable Suburbs in Long Island
- Smithtown. The town of Smithtown is located in Suffolk County.
- Stony Brook. The Suburb of Stony Brook is located in Suffolk County in the town of Brookhaven.
- Massapequa Park. Massapequa Park is a suburb in Nassau County in the town of Oyster Bay.
- Lake Ronkonkoma.
What is the richest town on Long Island?
The 3 Most Expensive Neighborhoods in Long Island
- Old Westbury, located in Oyster Bay on Long Island’s north shore, has become home to many of the country’s most notable families, including the du Ponts, Vanderbilts, and Whitneys.
- Sands Point is the wealthiest town in New York state, with a median home price of $2 million.
Is Hempstead a safe place to live?
Based on FBI crime data, Hempstead is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to New York, Hempstead has a crime rate that is higher than 85% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Hempstead a good town?
Hempstead is in Nassau County and is one of the best places to live in New York. Living in Hempstead offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Many young professionals live in Hempstead and residents tend to be liberal. The public schools in Hempstead are highly rated.
What is the crime rate in Hempstead NY?
The Hempstead Village NY crime rate for 2018 was 574.39 per 100,000 population, a 3.45% decline from 2017. The Hempstead Village NY crime rate for 2017 was 594.91 per 100,000 population, a 16.91% decline from 2016.
How many black people are on Long Island?
|Native name: Paumanok|
|Pop. density||5,557.1/sq mi (2145.61/km2)|
|Ethnic groups||54.7% White, 20.5% Hispanic or Latino of any race, 20.4% Black, 12.3% Asian, 8.8% other races, 3.2% from two or more races, 0.49% Native American, and 0.05% Pacific Islander|
Where is the best place to live in Nassau County?
- Great Neck Plaza. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Jericho. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Great Neck Gardens. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Syosset. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Manhasset Hills. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- East Williston. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Kensington. Suburb of New York City, NY.
- Great Neck Estates.
What is the oldest town on Long Island?
In most histories Southold is reported as the first English settlement on Long Island in the future New York State. Under the leadership of the Reverend John Youngs, with Peter Hallock, the settlement consisted of the families of Barnabas Horton, John Budd, John Conklin, John Swazy, William Wells, and John Tuthill.
What is the population of Long Island 2020?
1. Long Island is home to more than a third of the total population of New York State. There are nearly 3 million people living in Nassau and Suffolk, but when the residents of Queens and Brooklyn are included, the Island’s total population is more than 7 million.
How many seniors live in Nassau County?
Nassau County experienced a 22 percent increase in its older adult population over the past decade, with the number of 65-and-over residents increasing by 43,406—from 196,254 in 2007 to 239,660 in 2017. Older adults now account for 18 percent of the county’s overall population, one of the highest shares in the state.