- 1 What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
- 2 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 3 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 4 What is the best month to go to the Bahamas?
- 5 What is the rainy season in Bahamas?
- 6 Does it rain all day in Bahamas?
- 7 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 8 What is bad about the Bahamas?
- 9 What is illegal in the Bahamas?
- 10 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 11 Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 12 What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
- 13 Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
- 14 Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
- 15 Is the Bahamas expensive to visit?
What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
Here too, from December to March there may be short cool periods, sometimes a bit cold. The temperature dropped to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in January 1977, to 6 °C (43 °F) in January 1981, to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in February 1996, and to 9 °C (48 °F) in January 2010. Nassau.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is the best month to go to the Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season).
What is the rainy season in Bahamas?
Best Time to Visit The Bahamas for Good Weather: The climate in The Bahamas is tropical, with a hot and rainy season from May to October and a cooler season from November to April.
Does it rain all day in Bahamas?
It did rain almost every day, sometimes just a bit and passes through, other times, it was for hours on end. Just make the most of it, head to the pools and enjoy the waters. Keep in mind, they do close the Aquaventure when there is a lighting strike near the island, which isn’t all to uncommon.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
What is bad about the Bahamas?
While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What is illegal in the Bahamas?
Additionally, taking coral, sea fans, or tropical fish is illegal. It’s also illegal for non Bahamian residents to use fishing nets or traps (other than a cast net) or to sell marine products. Traditional fishing with a hook or lure and a pole, rod, or reel, is allowed.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
Celebrities and billionaires
- Nicolas Cage – owns estate residence on Paradise Island and a private island in the Exuma chains.
- Mariah Carey – owns a house on Windermere, a private island connected to Eleuthera, where she married Nick Cannon in 2008.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs.
Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
The temperature in January and February in the waters around the Bahamas is approximately 72 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit, while the temperature in the air is usually between 70 and 80 degrees. This is well within the range at which people are comfortable swimming.
Is the Bahamas expensive to visit?
Before setting off to the Bahamas, know that it is the third most expensive country in the world to live in, according to a survey by Numbeo. If you’re not staying at an all-inclusive resort, expect to be paying up to 10 USD for a beer and 18 USD for a cocktail.