- 1 What is Nassau Bahamas known for?
- 2 Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
- 3 What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 What are the conditions in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 Is it safe to go to Nassau?
- 6 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
- 9 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 10 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 11 How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
- 12 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
- 13 Do you tip in the Bahamas?
- 14 What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
- 15 What country owns the Bahamas?
What is Nassau Bahamas known for?
20 amazing things The Bahamas are known for
- Pristine white sand beaches and turquoise waters.
- The swimming pigs of Exuma.
- The playground of the world’s rich and famous.
- History of pirates.
- Fantastic scuba diving and snorkeling.
- The first landing of Christopher Columbus.
- The Bahama Mama cocktail.
Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
Parliament Square located at (1) on our Walking Tour map of things to do in Nassau Bahamas.
- Nassau Public Library and Museum.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Gregory’s Arch.
- Government House & Statue of Christopher Columbus.
- Heritage Museum of The Bahamas.
- National Art Gallery of the Bahamas.
- John Watling’s Distillery.
What are the conditions in Nassau Bahamas?
Weather Today in Nassau, The Bahamas
- High / Low. –/72°
- Wind. 14 mph.
- Humidity. 72%
- Pressure. 29.99 in.
- UV Index. 2 of 10.
- Visibility. 6 mi.
- Moon Phase. Full Moon.
Is it safe to go to Nassau?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
Whether you need to get to your hotel from the airport or want to explore Nassau, you should always avoid taxis that appear unlicensed. Your best bet: Ask the front door staff at your hotel or resort, or the restaurant or club you’re visiting, to arrange a licensed taxi for you.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
How much money will you need for your trip to the Bahamas? You should plan to spend around BS$159 ($159) per day on your vacation in the Bahamas, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
Do you tip in the Bahamas?
Tipping is customary in The Bahamas, and you should tip according to the quality of service you receive. Bellboys and porters usually receive $1 per bag, while most other servers (waiters, taxis, etc.) receive 15%.
What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
Here too, from December to March there may be short cool periods, sometimes a bit cold. The temperature dropped to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in January 1977, to 6 °C (43 °F) in January 1981, to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in February 1996, and to 9 °C (48 °F) in January 2010. Nassau.
What country owns the Bahamas?
The Bahamas achieved independence from Britain July 10, 1973, and is now a fully self-governing member of the Commonwealth and a member of the United Nations, the Caribbean Community and the Organisation of American States.