- 1 How many days do you need in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 What is there to do in Nassau Royal Caribbean?
- 3 Where does Royal Caribbean port in Nassau?
- 4 Are cruises stopping in Nassau?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 7 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 8 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 What is Nassau famous for?
- 10 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 11 What are the best shore excursions in Nassau?
- 12 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
- 13 How much does it cost to go to the Bahamas cruise?
- 14 Are cruise ships allowed in Bahamas?
- 15 Is Carnival cruising to the Bahamas?
How many days do you need in Nassau Bahamas?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips. Here’s how to make the most of three days in the Bahamian capital.
What is there to do in Nassau Royal Caribbean?
26 Things to Do in Nassau, Bahamas While On a Cruise
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
Where does Royal Caribbean port in Nassau?
Nassau cruise terminal Most of the liners that dock at the passenger terminal are operated by Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Disney, NCL-Norwegian, Costa, MSC. Nassau cruise terminal is at Prince George Wharf, located on island’s northern coast. The port has capacity to handle up to 7 cruise vessels simultaneously.
Are cruises stopping in Nassau?
Most cruise lines have a private island in the Bahamas and Nassau is one of the most visited cruise ports in the world. The last cruise ships to stop in the Bahamas was on March 15, 2020.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What are the best shore excursions in Nassau?
Let’s check out the best Nassau shore excursions.
- Atlantis Aquaventure.
- Atlantis Aquaventure & Dolphin Cay Interaction.
- Seahorse Sail & Snorkel.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day.
- Balmoral Island Stingray & Beach Day.
- First Strike Deep Sea Fishing.
- Blue Lagoon Island Sea Lion Encounter and Beach Day.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
How much does it cost to go to the Bahamas cruise?
Cheap Bahamas Cruises
|Month||Number of Cruises||From Price|
|Oct 2021||129 cruises||$109|
|Nov 2021||180 cruises||$139|
|Dec 2021||209 cruises||$139|
|Jan 2022||208 cruises||$119|
Are cruise ships allowed in Bahamas?
And while Royal expects most passengers will come from the U.S., the cruises are open to guests from any country approved by the Bahamas. “As we anticipate a promising return to a vibrant tourism industry, news that the cruise industry is going to begin homeporting in The Bahamas is exciting.
Is Carnival cruising to the Bahamas?
Carnival Cruise Line Bahamas Cruises. As you sail towards the peace and serenity of Nassau, Freeport and Half Moon Cay, you’ll quickly realize that choosing a Bahamas cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines is the best way to enjoy the perfect vacation.