- 1 How do I reschedule my family court date in NY?
- 2 Are Family Court records public in NY?
- 3 How do I look up family court cases in New York?
- 4 How do I file for child support in Nassau County NY?
- 5 How do I postpone my NYS DMV hearing?
- 6 How can I postpone my hearing?
- 7 Do you need a lawyer for Family Court in NY?
- 8 How does family court work in NY?
- 9 At what age is a parent no longer responsible for a child in NY State?
- 10 How do I get my court transcripts in NY?
- 11 How do I find old case files?
- 12 Are criminal records public in New York?
- 13 How much is child support in NY?
- 14 What does child support cover in NY?
- 15 How do I put someone on child support in NY?
How do I reschedule my family court date in NY?
You may request a postponement (adjournment) of a matter in writing, upon notice to the opposing party. Your request must be submitted before the date of the scheduled appearance, and will be considered by the support magistrate or judge in the assigned part on the scheduled date.
Are Family Court records public in NY?
The court records of Family Court proceedings are not open to public inspection. Persons directly involved with a case who wish to obtain a copy of a court order may request a copy at the Record Room of the courthouse where the case was heard; proof of the person’s identity is required.
How do I look up family court cases in New York?
For general information on the Family Court, call the NYC Family Court Information Line at 212-347-3700.
How do I file for child support in Nassau County NY?
How do I postpone my NYS DMV hearing?
RESCHEDULING YOUR HEARING
- Online – Use the Traffic Ticket Pleas, Hearings and Payments online transaction.
- By Mail – Read the instructions on your traffic ticket.
- By Phone – Call (718)-488-5710, at least twenty-four hours before the date of your scheduled hearing.
How can I postpone my hearing?
To ask for a postponement
- Fill out Request to Postpone Trial (Small Claims) (Form SC-150 ) OR write a letter to the court explaining why you need to change your court date;
- Make a copy of your Request or letter for yourself and one for each other party in the case.
Do you need a lawyer for Family Court in NY?
The parties in most Family Court proceedings have the right to have a lawyer. You are free to hire a lawyer of your choosing. If your particular case is one where you have the right to a lawyer, but you cannot afford to pay for your own lawyer, then the court will usually assign one to the represent you.
How does family court work in NY?
A New York court can make orders about the child’s custody only until the child is 18 years old. The Court gives custody based on what is best for the child, this is called the “best interest of the child.” If there is no court order, then both parents have equal rights to physical and legal custody of the child.
At what age is a parent no longer responsible for a child in NY State?
What is emancipation? Emancipation is the process of a parent giving up control over a minor child so that the child has control over his own legal decisions and support before he is an adult ( age 18 ). In New York, a parent must financially support his/her child until age 21 unless the child becomes emancipated.
How do I get my court transcripts in NY?
You can make a request for court records directly to the Clerk of the Court or the County Clerk that has the records. Criminal records are available from the court system. Each records search costs $95.00.
How do I find old case files?
To obtain access to those records, researchers must contact the appropriate federal court. Online access to case and docket information is provided for a fee by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts through PACER. The court may refer you to a Federal Records Center to obtain copies.
Are criminal records public in New York?
New York’s “Freedom of Information” law allows citizens to access all criminal and public records. This means that employers and anyone else have access to your criminal records. The New York State Department of Criminal Justice Services keeps all criminal records and require fingerprints to access.
How much is child support in NY?
If the noncustodial parent’s income is below the New York State Self- Support Reserve ($16,389 for 2018), the child support order may be established at $50 per month. The Child Support Standards Act.
|Number of Children||%|
|5+||at least 35%|
What does child support cover in NY?
The basic child support obligation is intended to cover food, clothing, shelter, and other basic expenses, but does not include medical expenses that are not covered by insurance or child care expenses while the custodial parent goes to school or work.
How do I put someone on child support in NY?
If you would like to apply for child support services, you can get an application by:
- Downloading an application.
- Calling the helpline at 888-208-4485 to have an application mailed to you or to request assistance with completing an application.