- 1 How do I report an illegal apartment in Nassau County?
- 2 How do I file a noise complaint in Nassau County?
- 3 Are basement apartments legal in Nassau County?
- 4 How do I file a noise complaint on Long Island?
- 5 How do I apply for Section 8 in Long Island NY?
- 6 Is there a 311 for Long Island?
- 7 What is the noise ordinance in Nassau County?
- 8 How do I file a police report in Nassau County?
- 9 Can you have a basement apartment on Long Island?
- 10 Can you text 911 Long Island?
- 11 What time are landscapers allowed to start in Suffolk County?
- 12 What time can you start construction on Long Island?
How do I report an illegal apartment in Nassau County?
If you know of an illegal housing condition or other suspected violation in your area, you may file a complaint by calling 311 from within the Town or by dialing (516) 869-6311 from outside the Town. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A COMPLAINT IS FILED?
How do I file a noise complaint in Nassau County?
All complaints are kept anonymous. Call (516) 227-9717.
Are basement apartments legal in Nassau County?
Basement apartments are not welcome because they add traffic, parking problems, possibly more school children to pay for, a strain on services such as sewer, water, garbage, etc. with no additional property tax from the illegal landlord to pay for these things because if the house is a single-family home, that is
How do I file a noise complaint on Long Island?
Please dial 852-COPS to report the following incidents:
- Loud parties.
- Parking complaints.
- Prior incidents.
- Barking dogs, loud noise, and other disturbances.
- All other non-emergency situations that require a police officer respond.
How do I apply for Section 8 in Long Island NY?
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers ( Section 8 ) To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA). Some PHAs have long waiting lists, so you may want to apply at more than one PHA. Your PHA can also give you a list of locations at which your voucher can be used.
Is there a 311 for Long Island?
The town’s 311 phone service remains available by calling 3-1-1 or 516-869-6311, where residents can speak with a customer service representative. For critical problems or emergencies that may cause injury to life or damage to property, please dial 9-1-1.
What is the noise ordinance in Nassau County?
Noise from any sound-reproduction system; operating or playing any radio, portable radio, tape player, television, tape deck or similar device that reproduces or amplifies sound in such a manner as to be heard 40 feet from its source or over any property line from Sundays through Thursdays from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00
How do I file a police report in Nassau County?
- Press 1 to report Sexual Abuse, Child Abuse, or Elder Abuse.
- Press 2 to report Tax, Welfare or Medicaid Fraud.
- Press 3 to report Frauds targeting immigrants.
- Press 4 to report Insurance Fraud.
- Press 5 to report Narcotics or Gang Activity.
- Press 6 to report Corruption.
Can you have a basement apartment on Long Island?
Basement apartments in any town on long island are ILLEGAL as they do not meet New York State fire codes.
Can you text 911 Long Island?
— Residents of Suffolk County will now have the option to text 911 in an emergency. “ We are now the largest county in the state of New York to have a text -to- 911 program,” said Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone.
What time are landscapers allowed to start in Suffolk County?
The noise from domestic power tools, lawn mowers and agricultural equipment, when operated with a muffler, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on weekdays and 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on weekends and legal holidays, provided that they produce less than 85 dBA at any real property line of County-owned property.
What time can you start construction on Long Island?
Residential Construction is allowed between 7 AM and 6 PM on weekdays. Alterations or repairs to existing one -family or two-family, owner-occupied dwellings, convents or rectories may also be performed on Saturdays and Sundays between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM.