- 1 What is the best town to live in on Long Island?
- 2 What are the nicest neighborhoods in Long Island?
- 3 What is the richest part of Long Island?
- 4 Is West Hempstead a good neighborhood?
- 5 What is the safest town on Long Island?
- 6 Is it cheaper to live in Queens or Long Island?
- 7 Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
- 8 What town on Long Island has the highest crime rate?
- 9 What is the most dangerous part of New York City?
- 10 What celebrities are from Long Island?
- 11 Why are property taxes so high in Long Island?
- 12 What is the oldest town on Long Island?
- 13 What is the crime rate in West Hempstead NY?
- 14 Is it safe to live in Hempstead NY?
- 15 Is South Hempstead safe?
What is the best town to live in on Long Island?
1. Smithtown The Smithtown neighborhood ranks high in desirability for young families and professionals. The tree-lined streets give the neighborhood a picturesque look and family-friendly atmosphere. The commute to Manhattan is 90 minutes by car, and the Smithtown (Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) offers parking.
What are the nicest neighborhoods in Long Island?
- The Best Long Island Neighborhoods for Millennials. May 14, 2019.
- Greenport. The history of Greenport dates back to the mid-1600s.
- Smithtown. Ranked among the best towns to live in Long Island, Smithtown, in Suffolk County, lies along Long Island’s north shore.
- Stony Brook.
- Lake Ronkonkoma.
What is the richest part of Long Island?
The 3 Most Expensive Neighborhoods in Long Island
- Old Westbury, located in Oyster Bay on Long Island’s north shore, has become home to many of the country’s most notable families, including the du Ponts, Vanderbilts, and Whitneys.
- Sands Point is the wealthiest town in New York state, with a median home price of $2 million.
Is West Hempstead a good neighborhood?
It’s a safe neighborhood. There are many close supermarkets, pharmacies, banks, mail offices, transportation and more. West Hempstead is an extremely diverse neighborhood and it deserves better than it has. It is populated by middle class families but since it is on Long Island there is an unfairly high tax rate.
What is the safest town on Long Island?
New York State’s safest community is East Hampton Town, an affluent Long Island community which logged a very high 1.29 score on the Safety Index. East Hampton enjoys a low violent crime rate of 0.85 per 1,000 and a property crime rate of 11.34 per 1,000.
Is it cheaper to live in Queens or Long Island?
Cheaper is a relative term because there are so many different factors to the costs of living. As far as buying property, homes in Nassau, in most places, are cheaper then in Queens. As far as buying property, homes in Nassau, in most places, are cheaper then in Queens.
Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
The 10 Most Affordable Suburbs in Long Island
- Smithtown. The town of Smithtown is located in Suffolk County.
- Stony Brook. The Suburb of Stony Brook is located in Suffolk County in the town of Brookhaven.
- Massapequa Park. Massapequa Park is a suburb in Nassau County in the town of Oyster Bay.
- Lake Ronkonkoma.
What town on Long Island has the highest crime rate?
Long Beach (. 86 violent crimes per 1,000 residents) also cracked the top five. Other Long Island municipalities to make the top 50 on the list:
- Rockville Centre (22nd);
- Hyde Park (24th);
- Port Washington (25th);
- Southold (29th);
- Freeport (31st);
- Southampton (32nd);
- Garden City (48th);
- Village of Hempstead (50th).
What is the most dangerous part of New York City?
These neighborhoods have the highest rates of violent crime per capita across New York City:
- Fort Greene (Brooklyn)
- Brownsville (Brooklyn)
- Bronx River (Bronx)
- Navy Hill (Brooklyn)
- Mount Eden (Bronx)
- Longwood (Bronx)
- Mott Haven (Bronx)
- Fordham (Bronx)
What celebrities are from Long Island?
Born on Long Island
- Madison Beer (singer, model)
- Carol Alt (model)
- Donatella Arpaia (restaurateur and a television personality)
- Alec Baldwin (actor)
- Daniel Baldwin (actor)
- Stephen Baldwin (actor)
- William Baldwin (actor)
- Jon Bellion (singer/songwriter)
Why are property taxes so high in Long Island?
Property Values Are Higher In comparison, the median price of homes across the USA is about $250,000. This means that property values in Long Island are more than twice the national average. For this reason, those who live here will naturally have higher property assessment rates.
What is the oldest town on Long Island?
In most histories Southold is reported as the first English settlement on Long Island in the future New York State. Under the leadership of the Reverend John Youngs, with Peter Hallock, the settlement consisted of the families of Barnabas Horton, John Budd, John Conklin, John Swazy, William Wells, and John Tuthill.
What is the crime rate in West Hempstead NY?
West Hempstead has an overall crime rate of 14 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in West Hempstead is 1 in 73.
Is it safe to live in Hempstead NY?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Hempstead is 1 in 63. Based on FBI crime data, Hempstead is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to New York, Hempstead has a crime rate that is higher than 85% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is South Hempstead safe?
South Hempstead, it is a very safe place. With the train station nearby, the commute is really simple. For people with children, very few cars race down the street which allows for peace of mind. This area is not a bad area at all.