- 1 How much is a stop sign ticket in Nassau County?
- 2 How do I report a street light out in Nassau County?
- 3 How do I file a noise complaint in Nassau County?
- 4 What is the noise ordinance in Nassau County?
- 5 How much is a red light ticket in Nassau County?
- 6 How much is a passing in a no passing zone ticket?
- 7 How do I file a noise complaint on Long Island?
- 8 Is there a 311 for Nassau County?
- 9 Is there a 311 for Long Island?
- 10 What time can Nassau County landscape start?
- 11 Can I have chickens in Nassau County?
- 12 How do I file a police report in Nassau County?
How much is a stop sign ticket in Nassau County?
Pursuant to Vehicle and Traffic Law (VTL) 1172(a) (failure to stop for a stop sign ), the maximum fine for a ticket going through a stop sign in Nassau County is $150, plus mandatory state surcharges of $88-$93 depending on the jurisdiction of the Court.
How do I report a street light out in Nassau County?
Department of Public Works – Street Lighting To report street light outages please call 311 or (516) 869-6311 with the street name, nearest house number and nearest cross street.
How do I file a noise complaint in Nassau County?
All complaints are kept anonymous. Call (516) 227-9717.
What is the noise ordinance in Nassau County?
Noise from any sound-reproduction system; operating or playing any radio, portable radio, tape player, television, tape deck or similar device that reproduces or amplifies sound in such a manner as to be heard 40 feet from its source or over any property line from Sundays through Thursdays from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00
How much is a red light ticket in Nassau County?
To clarify, the fine for a red-light violation statewide is $50, and the late-payment penalty is $25. Both are set by the state. In Nassau, there’s an additional $55 public-safety fee and a $45 driver-responsibility fee, which brings the total in Nassau to $150, compared with $80 in fines and fees in Suffolk.
How much is a passing in a no passing zone ticket?
Fines and penalties for this violation are fairly steep in most areas. It is not uncommon for fines to be over $200.00 for this offense, with driving points added to your recorded as well. Fines may increase for subsequent similar offenses.
How do I file a noise complaint on Long Island?
Please dial 852-COPS to report the following incidents:
- Loud parties.
- Parking complaints.
- Prior incidents.
- Barking dogs, loud noise, and other disturbances.
- All other non-emergency situations that require a police officer respond.
Is there a 311 for Nassau County?
The town’s 311 phone service remains available by calling 3-1-1 or 516-869-6311, where residents can speak with a customer service representative. For critical problems or emergencies that may cause injury to life or damage to property, please dial 9-1-1.
Is there a 311 for Long Island?
Suffolk311 is the first suburban county 311 call center in New York State. Suffolk’s 311 will have six dispatchers on duty from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The trial version of the center received between 50 and 100 calls each day. Bellone said the number of dispatchers will grow as the program expands.
What time can Nassau County landscape start?
Landscaping work may be performed by landscapers only during the hours of 8:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. through 7:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
Can I have chickens in Nassau County?
The three townships in Nassau County forbid chicken ownership, but there are two exceptions. In the Town of Oyster Bay, residents can apply to the Zoning Board of Appeals for a special-use variance to keep chickens.
How do I file a police report in Nassau County?
- Press 1 to report Sexual Abuse, Child Abuse, or Elder Abuse.
- Press 2 to report Tax, Welfare or Medicaid Fraud.
- Press 3 to report Frauds targeting immigrants.
- Press 4 to report Insurance Fraud.
- Press 5 to report Narcotics or Gang Activity.
- Press 6 to report Corruption.