- 1 What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 Is there a free beach in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Can you walk to a beach in Nassau?
- 4 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 5 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 8 Where is the best place to snorkel in Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 How many days do you need in Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 How far is the beach from Nassau cruise port?
- 11 What is there to do in Nassau port?
- 12 Why is it called Jaws Beach Nassau?
- 13 Which Bahama Island is the most beautiful?
- 14 What part of the Bahamas is the nicest?
- 15 Are there pink sand beaches in the Bahamas?
What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
The 8 Best Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
- Blue Lagoon.
- Balmoral Island Beach.
- Cabbage Beach.
- Cable Beach.
- Saunders Beach.
- Love Beach.
- Coral Harbour Beach.
Is there a free beach in Nassau Bahamas?
Cable Beach Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge. (To keep costs low, catch the cheap local bus from the cruise port instead of a taxi.)
Can you walk to a beach in Nassau?
It is found in Paradise Island Nassau, between the Atlantis hotel and the Paradise Island Resort. You can walk to this beach from downtown Nassau or take a taxi here.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Where is the best place to snorkel in Nassau Bahamas?
If you’re planning on going snorkeling in Nassau, here are some of the best spots to dive in.
- Cable Beach. Cable Beach.
- Blue Lagoon. Blue Lagoon Island.
- Green Turtle Cay. Green Turtle Cay.
- Paradise Island Atlantis Resort.
- Pearl Island.
- Rose Island Reef.
- Andros Barrier Reef.
- Exuma Cays Land and Sea National Park.
How many days do you need in Nassau Bahamas?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips. Here’s how to make the most of three days in the Bahamian capital.
How far is the beach from Nassau cruise port?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What is there to do in Nassau port?
26 Things to Do in Nassau, Bahamas While On a Cruise
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
Why is it called Jaws Beach Nassau?
Jaws Beach – so named for its role in a climactic scene in the eponymous movie franchise – is part of the Clifton Heritage Park area, and thus protected, onshore and off.
Which Bahama Island is the most beautiful?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands.
What part of the Bahamas is the nicest?
Paradise Island (mix of beach and nightlife) If you are looking for some nightlife then Nassau and Paradise Island are the best places to stay in the Bahamas. The Atlantis Cove is a must-try with a beautiful pool, great rooms, fantastic nightlife and all the activities of Paradise Island.
Are there pink sand beaches in the Bahamas?
Harbour Island is most renowned for its beautiful Pink Sand Beach, located along its eastern Atlantic Ocean side. Considered one of the very best beaches in The Islands of The Bahamas, it was featured in The Travel Channel’s World’s Best Beaches segment in March 2005 and named ‘Best Sand Beach ‘.