- 1 Where should I stay when visiting the Bahamas?
- 2 What is the best island to stay in the Bahamas?
- 3 Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
- 4 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 6 Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 7 Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
- 8 Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
- 9 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 10 Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
- 11 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 12 Where should we stay in Atlantis Bahamas?
- 13 Is Nassau safe for tourists?
- 14 Are drugs legal in the Bahamas?
- 15 What is the safest island in the Caribbean?
Where should I stay when visiting the Bahamas?
- Rosewood Baha Mar. Nassau.
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa. Great Exuma.
- The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas. Nassau.
- The Cove at Atlantis, Paradise Island. Paradise Island.
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. Nassau.
- Pineapple Fields. Governor’s Harbour.
- The Cove, Eleuthera. Gregory Town.
- Harborside Resort at Atlantis. Paradise Island.
What is the best island to stay in the Bahamas?
The Best Island To Visit In The Bahamas
- New Providence and Paradise Island.
- Grand Bahama Island.
- The Abacos.
- Andros, Bimini and The Berry Islands.
- Eleuthera and Harbour Island.
- The Exumas.
- The Southern islands.
Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
- The Exumas.
- Harbour Island.
- Long Island.
- San Salvador.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
While Jamaica has some amazing tropical beaches, like those in Montego bay, Ocho Rios and Negril, the Bahamas comes out on top. The beaches in The Bahamas are so plentiful, and so diverse, that you can find a breathtaking white sand beach on dozens, if not hundreds of the 700 islands across the Bahamian archipelago.
Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
The Cove Resort at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Where should we stay in Atlantis Bahamas?
Atlantis – Harborside Resort, The Cove at Atlantis, and The Coral at Atlantis are all popular resorts for travelers staying in Atlantis Bahamas.
Is Nassau safe for tourists?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Are drugs legal in the Bahamas?
The possession or use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, and ecstasy, is a criminal offense in The Bahamas and can result in time in prison. While visiting The Bahamas, you are subject to Bahamian law. Drug violators are arrested regularly, even for possession of small quantities.
What is the safest island in the Caribbean?
Montserrat, nicknamed “The Emerald Isle of the Caribbean” both for its terrain and the heritage of its inhabitants, is a British territory in the Leeward Islands and it is considered to be the safest island in the Caribbean, with its last recorded murder occurring in 2008.