- 1 Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 How far is downtown Nassau from cruise port?
- 3 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 4 What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 7 What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- 8 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 10 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 11 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 12 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 13 What are the most dangerous cruise ports?
- 14 Is Nassau safe for tourists?
- 15 Is Nassau dangerous?
Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
Cruise ships visiting Nassau dock at the Prince George Wharf within short walking distance of Bay Street and the downtown district.
How far is downtown Nassau from cruise port?
Make sure you’ve packed all your cruise port accessories for your visit. Your ship will dock at Prince George Wharf which is very large and able to accommodate 7 vessels at once. This cruise terminal is conveniently located near the heart of Nassau and it’s just a 10-minute walk to get to downtown Nassau.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
The 12 Best Things to Do in Nassau on a Cruise
- #1 Visit the Atlantis Resort.
- #2 Trip to Rose Island.
- #3 See the Queen’s Staircase.
- #4 Junkanoo Beach.
- #5 Señor Frog’s.
- #6 Mini Sub Tour.
- #7 Snorkeling Tour.
- #8 Excursion to Pearl Island.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
- Cable Beach. 2,293. Beaches. By by Glori4.
- Queen’s Staircase. 2,169. Historic Sites. By by NCMom1977.
- John Watling’s Distillery. 848. Speciality & Gift Shops • Bar, Club & Pub Tours.
- Cabbage Beach. 1,048. Beaches.
- Baha Mar Casino. 364. Casinos.
- Junkanoo Beach. 2,041. Beaches.
- Straw Market. 2,188. Flea & Street Markets.
- Jaws Beach. 185. Beaches.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
What are the most dangerous cruise ports?
10 Of The Most Dangerous Cruise Ports To Avoid (10 Tourist Favorites)
- 8 Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 7 Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 6 Tunis, Tunisha.
- 5 Margarita Island, Venezuela.
- 4 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 3 Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- 2 Izmit, Turkey.
- 1 Aden, Yemen.
Is Nassau safe for tourists?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Is Nassau dangerous?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.