- 1 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 2 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
- 3 Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
- 4 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 5 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 6 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 7 Is Nassau Bahamas safe for tourists?
- 8 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
- 11 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 12 Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
- 13 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 14 Are drugs legal in the Bahamas?
- 15 What is the safest part of the Bahamas?
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
Is Nassau Bahamas safe for tourists?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
Whether you need to get to your hotel from the airport or want to explore Nassau, you should always avoid taxis that appear unlicensed. Your best bet: Ask the front door staff at your hotel or resort, or the restaurant or club you’re visiting, to arrange a licensed taxi for you.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
Water Dangers Do not swim beyond the marked areas or you could get pulled away from the land and even swept out to sea. Most beaches have flags indicating if it’s safe. If you have children, only swim when you see a green flag. Sharks and other possibly dangerous fish roam the waters here.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Are drugs legal in the Bahamas?
The possession or use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, and ecstasy, is a criminal offense in The Bahamas and can result in time in prison. While visiting The Bahamas, you are subject to Bahamian law. Drug violators are arrested regularly, even for possession of small quantities.
What is the safest part of the Bahamas?
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
- The Exumas.
- Harbour Island.
- Long Island.
- San Salvador.