- 1 Can you walk to Paradise Island from Nassau?
- 2 Is Paradise Island and Nassau the same?
- 3 How do you get from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 4 How far is Paradise Island from Nassau?
- 5 Is it safe to walk around downtown Nassau?
- 6 Is Paradise Island in Nassau safe?
- 7 Should I stay Paradise Island or Nassau?
- 8 What celebrities live on Paradise Island Bahamas?
- 9 What is Nassau famous for?
- 10 How much is a cab from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 11 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 12 Do you tip in the Bahamas?
- 13 Does Nassau have Uber?
- 14 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
- 15 What should I buy in Nassau?
Can you walk to Paradise Island from Nassau?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
Is Paradise Island and Nassau the same?
Nassau is the capital city of the Bahamas and it is located on the island of New Providence. That said, the island is still universally called Nassau. Paradise Island is an island connected to Nassau by two bridges. Both locations have a casino – Atlantis on Paradise and the Wyndham on Cable Beach.
How do you get from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Keep in mind that the area just over the bridge is a good 1/2 hour walk from downtown Nassau.
- Ferry Boat – Water Ferries run from Paradise Island to Nassau daily from 9am – 6pm.
- Taxi cab- Cabs are readily available throughout the downtown area, wharf, cruise port and hotel entrances.
How far is Paradise Island from Nassau?
However, it’s as simple as walking off your cruise ship, hopping on a water taxi and enjoying a 20-minute ride over to Paradise Island. This self-guided tour is a perfect sightseeing tour alternative. If you’re wondering what Paradise Island is, it’s a 685-acre barrier island located just off the coast of Nassau.
Is it safe to walk around downtown Nassau?
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK: LOW Nassau isn’t the safest destination for solo female travelers. Women have reported catcalls and sexual harassment while walking on the streets of this city. If you are a female solo traveler, you are advised to reject rides from strangers or taxi drivers who appear unlicensed.
Is Paradise Island in Nassau safe?
While in downtown Nassau, you need to be alert and on the lookout for pickpockets and ATM scammers. However, across the bridge on Nassau Paradise Island, this resort-filled town is home to safe hotels, like the Atlantis hotel. Be cautious when visiting the ‘Over-the-Hill’ community (south of Shirley Street) in Nassau.
Should I stay Paradise Island or Nassau?
You’ll fly into Nassau, but definitely stay on Paradise Island where the beaches are better and the area is much safer. You can then go into Nassau during the day for some shopping. At night, always take a taxi. It is not the tourists that you should be concerned with, but the very aggressive locals.
What celebrities live on Paradise Island Bahamas?
Celebrities and billionaires
- Nicolas Cage – owns estate residence on Paradise Island and a private island in the Exuma chains.
- Mariah Carey – owns a house on Windermere, a private island connected to Eleuthera, where she married Nick Cannon in 2008.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
How much is a cab from Nassau to Paradise Island?
From the Nassau airport taxi rates are approximately $32 to downtown Nassau, $22 to Cable Beach and $38 to Paradise Island—plus the bridge toll. Fares are based on two passengers; there is an additional charge for extra passengers and extra luggage.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Do you tip in the Bahamas?
Tipping is customary in The Bahamas, and you should tip according to the quality of service you receive. Bellboys and porters usually receive $1 per bag, while most other servers (waiters, taxis, etc.) receive 15%.
Does Nassau have Uber?
No Uber service in the Bahamas.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
What should I buy in Nassau?
Amazing Things to Buy in The Bahamas
- Straw Goods.
- Conch Shell Jewelry.
- Jams and Jellies.
- Pine Seed Doll.
- Junkanoo Art.