- 1 What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- 2 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Is it better to book excursions before cruise?
- 4 What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 8 Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
- 9 Is Nassau safe for tourists?
- 10 How do you save money on cruise excursions?
- 11 Why you should never take a cruise?
- 12 What is the best way to book cruise excursions?
- 13 What is Nassau famous for?
- 14 How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
- 15 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
Is it better to book excursions before cruise?
Booking Onboard. If you’ve done your research and have decided to book ship tours, think carefully about whether to book in advance or wait until you get onboard. It’s best to book in advance for limited-availability excursions (like flightseeing in Alaska or Hawaii) and must-do tours.
What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
Parliament Square located at (1) on our Walking Tour map of things to do in Nassau Bahamas.
- Nassau Public Library and Museum.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Gregory’s Arch.
- Government House & Statue of Christopher Columbus.
- Heritage Museum of The Bahamas.
- National Art Gallery of the Bahamas.
- John Watling’s Distillery.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
Is Nassau safe for tourists?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
How do you save money on cruise excursions?
Here are 10 easy ways to stretch that vacation budget as far as it will go.
- Book restaurant packages.
- Look for specialty restaurant specials.
- Book spa treatments on port days.
- Don’t over-tip.
- Go on your own on shore.
- Disconnect at sea.
- Save on your bar bill with discounted packages.
- Look for drink specials.
Why you should never take a cruise?
Cruise vacations can often expose you to too much sun while lying on deck or when hitting the beach at one of your ports. Too much sun can not only increase risk of cancer, but it also can cause heat stroke, cataracts, dizziness, fatigue and skin blisters or burns.
What is the best way to book cruise excursions?
The most popular way to book shore excursions on your cruise is directly through the cruise line. The cruise line will offer the most options and they are billed directly to your stateroom. Most of the new ships allow you the ease of booking directly on your TV, it doesn’t get any easier than that.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
How much money will you need for your trip to the Bahamas? You should plan to spend around BS$159 ($159) per day on your vacation in the Bahamas, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.