- 1 Is it a good time to go to the Bahamas in February?
- 2 How warm is Nassau in February?
- 3 Is Bahamas hot in February?
- 4 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 5 What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
- 6 Is it too cold to swim in the Bahamas in February?
- 7 Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
- 8 What is weather like in Bahamas in February?
- 9 What is the hottest month in the Bahamas?
- 10 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 11 Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
- 12 Do you need a passport for Bahamas?
- 13 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 14 How many murders have there been in the Bahamas in 2020?
- 15 What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
Is it a good time to go to the Bahamas in February?
The months of January and February are great for traveling to the Bahamas for people who love the sun, but not extreme heat and humidity. There is also a great balance of heat and cool in March. Keep in mind that the evenings may get Caribbean chilly*, so pack appropriately.
How warm is Nassau in February?
What is the temperature in February in Nassau? The average high- temperature, in February, in Nassau, is 25.7°C (78.3°F), while the average low- temperature is 17.3°C (63.1°F).
Is Bahamas hot in February?
Daily high temperatures are around 78°F, rarely falling below 72°F or exceeding 83°F. Daily low temperatures are around 67°F, rarely falling below 59°F or exceeding 73°F.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
Here too, from December to March there may be short cool periods, sometimes a bit cold. The temperature dropped to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in January 1977, to 6 °C (43 °F) in January 1981, to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in February 1996, and to 9 °C (48 °F) in January 2010. Nassau.
Is it too cold to swim in the Bahamas in February?
While the Bahamas is somewhat colder than during the summer, as it is still above the equator, the water remains relatively warm even during February. However, some people may find it slightly chilly for their tastes and should enter the water only in a wet suit.
Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
No. The shallow water and sunlight keep the beaches at a moderate temperature. You will find it cooler than July but still very tolerable for swimming, snorkeling and diving.
What is weather like in Bahamas in February?
February is one of the coolest months for Nassau, with average temperatures similar to those in January. Yet even now most afternoons warm up to 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celsius). Nighttime temperatures normally remain above 60 °F (16 °C) and only rarely approach 46 °F (8 °C).
What is the hottest month in the Bahamas?
The warmest month (with the highest average high temperature) is August (32.1°C). The month with the lowest average high temperature is January (25.6°C). The month with the highest average low temperature is July (24.7°C).
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Do you need a passport for Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How many murders have there been in the Bahamas in 2020?
73 murders recorded in 2020. NASSAU, BAHAMAS — Overall crime decreased by 16 percent in 2020, statistics released by Commissioner of Police Paul Rolle yesterday revealed.
What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
Celebrities and billionaires
- Nicolas Cage – owns estate residence on Paradise Island and a private island in the Exuma chains.
- Mariah Carey – owns a house on Windermere, a private island connected to Eleuthera, where she married Nick Cannon in 2008.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs.