- 1 Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
- 2 Is Nassau Safe 2020?
- 3 What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 What is Nassau famous for?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 7 Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
- 8 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 9 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 10 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 11 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
- 12 How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
- 13 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 14 What is the best time to go to Nassau Bahamas?
- 15 Why is the water so blue in the Bahamas?
Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Is Nassau Safe 2020?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
Parliament Square located at (1) on our Walking Tour map of things to do in Nassau Bahamas.
- Nassau Public Library and Museum.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Gregory’s Arch.
- Government House & Statue of Christopher Columbus.
- Heritage Museum of The Bahamas.
- National Art Gallery of the Bahamas.
- John Watling’s Distillery.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
Water Dangers Do not swim beyond the marked areas or you could get pulled away from the land and even swept out to sea. Most beaches have flags indicating if it’s safe. If you have children, only swim when you see a green flag. Sharks and other possibly dangerous fish roam the waters here.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
How much money will you need for your trip to the Bahamas? You should plan to spend around BS$159 ($159) per day on your vacation in the Bahamas, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What is the best time to go to Nassau Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-December to mid-April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season).
Why is the water so blue in the Bahamas?
The blue color of the ocean comes from the absorption of red and green light wavelengths by the water. The blue is reflected to be received by your eyes and the light blue is a response to sunlight reflecting off the powdery white sands and corals on the bottom.