- 1 How do I change my name in Nassau County NY?
- 2 How do I register a business name in Nassau County?
- 3 How do I publish my LLC in NY?
- 4 How much does it cost to change your name in NY?
- 5 How do I officially change my name?
- 6 How do I get a business license in New York?
- 7 How do I look up a DBA in NY?
- 8 How do I get a liquor license in Nassau County?
- 9 What happens if you don’t publish your LLC in NY?
- 10 Can I be my own registered agent in NY?
- 11 Is there an annual fee for an LLC in New York State?
- 12 Can I use my husband’s last name without legally changing it?
- 13 Can you use a different name without legally changing it?
- 14 How long does a name change take in New York?
How do I change my name in Nassau County NY?
A name change request can be made in the County Court or Supreme Court of the county where you live. If you live in New York City, you can go to the New York City Civil Court or the Supreme Court in the county where you live.
How do I register a business name in Nassau County?
Companies (LLCs) or Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) must be filed with the Department of State, Division of Corporations. Call (518) 473-2492 for more information. These papers cannot be filed at the County Clerk’s Office. business names already assigned to confirm that the desired name is available.
How do I publish my LLC in NY?
How to publish a newly formed LLC in NY
- The Notice of LLC Formation must be published in two approved newspapers in the same county as the principal place of business of the LLC.
- One newspaper must be a daily newspaper, and one must be a weekly newspaper.
How much does it cost to change your name in NY?
If you live in New York City, you may bring a name change proceeding in any county in the city. It costs $65.00 to change a name in Civil Court. You can use the Civil Court’s free and easy DIY ( Do -It-Yourself) Forms to make an adult name change Petition or a minor name change Petition.
How do I officially change my name?
Steps to Legally Change Your Name
- Petition to change your name by filling out a name change form, an order to show cause for legally changing your name, and a decree to legally change your name.
- Take these forms to the court clerk and file them along with your state’s required filing fees.
How do I get a business license in New York?
HOW DO I OBTAIN THE LICENSES AND PERMITS I NEED FOR MY BUSINESS? To identify and obtain the licenses and permits you need for your business, use NYC Business Express at www.nyc.gov/nycbusinessexpress.
How do I look up a DBA in NY?
To determine the exact name of the entity, you may write to the Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231-0001, call the Division of Corporations at (518) 473-2492, or search the Corporation/Business Entity Database.
How do I get a liquor license in Nassau County?
You will want to apply through the district office that is closest to Nassau County. Upon applying you will want to request a temporary license be issued immediately upon your application being filed.
What happens if you don’t publish your LLC in NY?
Yes, if you fail to publish and file the certificate of publication in the required time frame (120 days after formation), the LLC’s authority to carry on, conduct, or transact business in New York will be automatically suspended (see Section 206( a ) of the New York Limited Liability Company law).
Can I be my own registered agent in NY?
Acting as Your Own Registered Agent for Your NY Corporation You can choose to act as your own NY Registered Agent for your New York S Corp or C Corp. The Registered Agent must have a physical street address in New York. You will need to set up a new Registered Agent service in the new state.
Is there an annual fee for an LLC in New York State?
In New York, both single-member LLCs and multi-member LLCs are typically required to pay an annual filing fee. The fee can vary from $25 to $4,500. You must pay the fee to the New York Department of Taxation and Finance by filing Form IT-204-LL within 60 days following the end of your LLC’s tax year.
Can I use my husband’s last name without legally changing it?
Many people believe that in a marriage one spouse is required to legally change their last name to match the other spouse’s last name. Anyone is free to keep their own name, hyphenate their name with a spouse’s name, take their spouse’s name, or come up with a completely different name altogether.
Can you use a different name without legally changing it?
A: You will have to ask the court for special permission to get the name change without letting the other parent know. To do this, the judge will ask you to look for the other parent, and you have to look as hard as possible, asking friends and family and looking up public records.
How long does a name change take in New York?
In about 2 or 3 weeks after you file your papers, the Court will mail you either: A court order that allows you to change your name, or.