- 1 What is there to do today in Nassau County?
- 2 Is Nassau County rich?
- 3 What is the richest town in Long Island?
- 4 What is there to do on a Long Island rainy day?
- 5 What should I do today Long Island?
- 6 What can you do for free on Long Island?
- 7 What is the safest town on Long Island?
- 8 Who is the largest employer on Long Island?
- 9 What is the best town to live in on Long Island?
- 10 What is considered low income in Long Island?
- 11 What are the 5 towns in Long Island?
- 12 What can toddlers do on Long Island?
- 13 What can a 3 year old do on a rainy day?
- 14 What is there to do on Long Island in the winter?
What is there to do today in Nassau County?
Here are some not-to-be-missed destinations!
- Museum Row.
- Old Bethpage Village Restoration.
- Americana Manhasset.
- Old Westbury Gardens.
- Sands Point.
- Bethpage Black Golf Course/Bethpage State Park.
- Sagamore Hill National Historic Site.
- Belmont Park.
Is Nassau County rich?
A 2012 Forbes article based on the American Community Survey reported Nassau County as the most expensive county and one of the highest income counties in the United States, and the most affluent in the state of New York, with four of the nation’s top ten towns by median income located in the county.
What is the richest town in Long Island?
The 3 Most Expensive Neighborhoods in Long Island
- Old Westbury, located in Oyster Bay on Long Island’s north shore, has become home to many of the country’s most notable families, including the du Ponts, Vanderbilts, and Whitneys.
- Sands Point is the wealthiest town in New York state, with a median home price of $2 million.
What is there to do on a Long Island rainy day?
Best rainy day activities in Long Island, NY
- Simplay. 15.3 mi. 22 reviews.
- Vanderbilt Museum. 22.0 mi. 122 reviews.
- Gateway’s Haunted Playhouse. 4.1 mi. 62 reviews.
- Tiki Action Park. 6.6 mi. 48 reviews.
- Animal Farm Petting Zoo. 8.1 mi. 37 reviews.
- Long Island Aquarium. 17.6 mi. 249 reviews.
- It Adventure Ropes Course. 32.6 mi. 41 reviews.
- Hicksville Gregory Museum. 29.2 mi. 6 reviews.
What should I do today Long Island?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do on Long Island, NY
- Montauk Point Lighthouse. Montauk Lighthouse.
- Jones Beach State Park. Jones Beach.
- The Hamptons. Hamptons beach house.
- Long Island Aquarium. Long Island Aquarium | Mike Durkin / photo modified.
- Fire Island. Fire Island Lighthouse.
- Old Westbury Gardens. Old Westbury Gardens.
- Sagamore Hill National Historic Site.
- Oheka Castle.
What can you do for free on Long Island?
13 Free Things to Do on Long Island, New York
- 01 of 13. Watch the Sun Go Down on the Beach. Rudi Von Briel/Stockbyte/Getty Images.
- 02 of 13. Visit Long Island Wine Country.
- 03 of 13. Take a Hike.
- 04 of 13. Visit the Big Duck.
- 05 of 13. Attend a Free Concert.
- 06 of 13. Stroll Through An Outdoor Sculpture Park.
- 07 of 13. Visit Grumman Memorial Park.
- 08 of 13. Attend a Free Festival.
What is the safest town on Long Island?
New York State’s safest community is East Hampton Town, an affluent Long Island community which logged a very high 1.29 score on the Safety Index. East Hampton enjoys a low violent crime rate of 0.85 per 1,000 and a property crime rate of 11.34 per 1,000.
Who is the largest employer on Long Island?
|#||Employer||# of employees|
|2||State of New York||20,304|
|3||Catholic Health Services of Long Island||17,000|
What is the best town to live in on Long Island?
1. Smithtown The Smithtown neighborhood ranks high in desirability for young families and professionals. The tree-lined streets give the neighborhood a picturesque look and family-friendly atmosphere. The commute to Manhattan is 90 minutes by car, and the Smithtown (Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) offers parking.
What is considered low income in Long Island?
The state limit is $41,100 for a 1-person family and $58,700 for a 4-person family. In fact, low-income rates are higher in Nassau and Suffolk than in New York City and any other part of the state. A 1-person family in New York needs to make $53,450 to qualify as low income.
What are the 5 towns in Long Island?
Although there is no official Five Towns designation, “the basic five are Lawrence, Cedarhurst, Woodmere, Hewlett and Inwood.” Each of these ” towns ” has a consecutive stop on the Far Rockaway Branch of the Long Island Rail Road. All five communities are part of the Town of Hempstead.
What can toddlers do on Long Island?
- Long Island Children’s Museum — Garden City.
- Ikea — Hicksville.
- Lolli Bop Cafe & Play — Lawrence.
- Center for Science Teaching & Learning — Rockville Centre.
- Tackapausha Museum and Preserve — Seaford.
- Children’s Museum of the East End — Bridgehampton.
- American Airpower Museum — Farmingdale.
What can a 3 year old do on a rainy day?
These are my top 10 indoor toddler activities for that I’ve done at home when my kids were young. Since its winter time, I’ve got to have a handful of these up my sleeve. My top 10 indoor activities for toddlers:
- Cardboard Box Train.
- Sticky Spider Web.
- Shaving Cream Sensory DIY.
- Pop Bottle Bowling Indoor Toddler Activity.
What is there to do on Long Island in the winter?
Can’t-miss winter fun for families on Long Island
- Try rock climbing. Credit: Ian J.
- Decorate baked goods. Credit: A Cake in Time/Sherry Sobel.
- Visit train track models. Credit: West Island Model Railroad Club.
- Try an indoor golf course. Credit: Glowgolf.
- Head to a museum. Credit: Randee Daddona.
- Go sledding.
- Go seal watching.
- See the Boardwalk Lights in Long Beach.