- 1 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas today?
- 2 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 3 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 4 Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 Is Atlantis expensive?
- 6 Do I need a passport to go to Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 8 Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
- 9 What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 11 Are drugs legal in the Bahamas?
- 12 Are there sharks in the Bahamas?
- 13 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 14 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 15 What is bad about the Bahamas?
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas today?
12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Nassau
- Atlantis Paradise Island. Atlantis Paradise Island.
- Cable Beach. Cable Beach | Michael Gray / photo modified.
- Paradise Island. Paradise Island.
- Blue Lagoon Island. Blue Lagoon Island.
- Ardastra Gardens & Wildlife Conservation Centre.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Clifton Heritage National Park.
- Pirates of Nassau Museum.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
Is Atlantis expensive?
Each section of the resort varies in price, and holiday and winter months are typically more expensive: The Beach Tower, which offers beachside rooms, averages $143 per night, but rooms can go as high as $339 per night depending on the time of year.
Do I need a passport to go to Nassau Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
The 8 Best Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
- Blue Lagoon.
- Balmoral Island Beach.
- Cabbage Beach.
- Cable Beach.
- Saunders Beach.
- Love Beach.
- Coral Harbour Beach.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Are drugs legal in the Bahamas?
The possession or use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, and ecstasy, is a criminal offense in The Bahamas and can result in time in prison. While visiting The Bahamas, you are subject to Bahamian law. Drug violators are arrested regularly, even for possession of small quantities.
Are there sharks in the Bahamas?
The Caribbean reef shark (Carcharhinus perezii) is the most commonly seen shark in Bahamian waters. They often join shark feeds in the dozens, making for a fast-paced, thrilling dive.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What is bad about the Bahamas?
While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.