- 1 What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 3 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 4 How far is Atlantis from Nassau port?
- 5 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 7 How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
- 8 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 9 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 10 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 11 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 12 Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 13 Can you go to Atlantis Casino for free?
- 14 How do you get from Nassau port to Paradise Island?
- 15 Can I take snacks on cruise?
What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
Balmoral Island, Pearl Island and Sandy Toes also offer private-island experiences near Nassau. Cruise travelers whose ships arrive early in Nassau may want to take the approximately one-hour drive to Stuart’s Cove, where they can experience snorkeling, diving and swimming with sharks.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
How far is Atlantis from Nassau port?
If you are just a curious cruiser who wants to see Paradise Island and Atlantis Resort, there’s a simple and easy way to get to Paradise Island from the Nassau cruise port: a 15-minute ferry boat ride.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to Atlantis Paradise Island is to taxi which costs $60 – $75 and takes 15 min.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
Can you go to Atlantis Casino for free?
As our guest, you have full access to all Atlantis water park features at no additional cost. All other Atlantis services such as the Mandara Spa, the Comedy Club and our Business Center, are yours to enjoy for a nominal fee.
How do you get from Nassau port to Paradise Island?
Step by Step
- When you walk off the cruise ship, exit the terminal and walk towards all the shops along the bayfront.
- You will be on a sidewalk that goes along the pier.
- Once the company fills the water taxi, you’ll start your 20-minute journey from the Nassau cruise pier to Paradise Island.
Can I take snacks on cruise?
Bring on a Cruise. As you may know, there are some major issues on cruise ships that apply to food. For both of these reasons, you aren’t allowed to bring on fruits and vegetables or home cooked items on your cruise. Instead, the only food and snacks you are allowed to bring with you are pre-packaged items.