- 1 Is Grand Bahama Island the same as Nassau?
- 2 Is Nassau Bahamas part of the US?
- 3 What country does Nassau belong to?
- 4 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
- 5 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
- 9 Is it safe to go to Nassau?
- 10 What is Nassau famous for?
- 11 What country owns the Bahama Islands?
- 12 Can I go to the Bahamas without a passport?
- 13 Is it safe to travel to the Bahamas 2020?
- 14 What islands can you go to without a passport?
Is Grand Bahama Island the same as Nassau?
Grand Bahamas Island contains the city of Freeport which is a modern resort-residential complex. It is more cosmopolitan and sports oriented than Nassau. Grand Bahama was developed more recently than Nassau and has become a favored resort, due in part to its nearness to Florida.
Is Nassau Bahamas part of the US?
No, the Bahamas is not a U.S. territory. It became a British Crown Colony in 1718, and gained independence in 1973. A U.S. citizen can acquire an Enhanced Drivers License (EDL) in some states, or a U.S. Passport Card anywhere. These are valid for re-entry to the U.S. at a land or sea border crossings only.
What country does Nassau belong to?
About The Bahamas The Bahamas has become one of the world’s foremost vacation resorts. Nassau, on the island of New Providence is the political capital and the commercial hub of the archipelago.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
The Cove Resort at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
Is it safe to go to Nassau?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
What country owns the Bahama Islands?
The Bahamas achieved independence from Britain July 10, 1973, and is now a fully self-governing member of the Commonwealth and a member of the United Nations, the Caribbean Community and the Organisation of American States.
Can I go to the Bahamas without a passport?
While The Bahamas is a visa-free destination, U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas.
Is it safe to travel to the Bahamas 2020?
Travelers should avoid all travel to the Bahamas. Because of the current situation in the Bahamas even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to the Bahamas.
What islands can you go to without a passport?
Five exotic places you can go without a U.S. passport
- Puerto Rico. The island of Puerto Rico (officially an unincorporated territory of the United States) has long been a favorite of travelers from the contiguous 48.
- United States Virgin Islands. The U.S. Virgin Islands lie mere minutes away from Puerto Rico by plane.
- Northern Mariana Islands.
- American Samoa.