- 1 How many airports are in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 Is there more than one airport in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 What airlines fly to Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 Is the airport open in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What is main airport in Bahamas?
- 6 Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 7 Does Southwest fly to Nassau?
- 8 Which islands in Bahamas have airports?
- 9 How much are flights to the Bahamas?
- 10 Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
- 11 Can you still fly to Nassau?
- 12 How far is Atlantis from Nassau airport?
- 13 Does Nassau have Uber?
- 14 Does Nassau Airport have duty free?
- 15 Can you buy alcohol at Nassau airport?
How many airports are in Nassau Bahamas?
There are 2 major airports that we recommend for commercial flights into Nassau. You can research nonstop direct flights into multiple airports, whether you’re flying international or domestic, using connecting flights, or even landing at a smaller local executive airport in your private jet charter.
Is there more than one airport in Nassau Bahamas?
This is a list of airports in the Bahamas, grouped by island and sorted by location. Airports.
|Airport name||Lynden Pindling International Airport|
What airlines fly to Nassau Bahamas?
See how easy it is to get here.
- American Airlines. Nonstops from Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Miami, LaGuardia, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
- Bahamasair. Nonstops from Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Orlando.
- Delta Air Lines.
- Frontier Airlines.
- JetBlue Airways.
- Silver Airways.
- Southwest Airlines.
Is the airport open in Nassau Bahamas?
LPIA Reopening General Message: The Government of The Bahamas is taking a phased approach to restarting air travel to, from and within The Bahamas. As a result, Lynden Pindling International Airport will be reopening in stages. Starting Monday, June 8, 2020: Inter-island flights within The Bahamas will resume.
What is main airport in Bahamas?
Lynden Pindling International Airport (IATA: NAS, ICAO: MYNN), formerly known as Nassau International Airport (1957–2006), is the largest airport in the Bahamas and the largest international gateway into the country.
Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
Does Southwest fly to Nassau?
It’s time to explore Nassau with Southwest ®. Southwest Airlines ® flies to Lynden Pindling International Airport, making your adventure even easier to begin. Learn more about the Southwest ® Experience and book your next flight to Lynden Pindling International Airport.
Which islands in Bahamas have airports?
Top 10 airports in the Bahamas
- Lynden Pindling International Airport. Image Source.
- Grand Bahama International Airport. Image Source.
- Marsh Harbour Airport. Image Source.
- Treasure Cay Airport. Image Source.
- North Eleuthera Airport. Image Source.
- South Bimini Airport. Image Source.
- Exuma International Airport.
- Stella Maris Airport.
How much are flights to the Bahamas?
Good to know
|Low season||August||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 5% drop in price.|
|High season||December||Most popular time to fly with an average 14% increase in price.|
|Average price round-trip||$663||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
|Good deal round-trip||$185||or less|
|Good deal one-way||$74||or less|
Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Can you still fly to Nassau?
Yes: The Bahamas is open for travel and visitors can move about the country freely as long as they comply with all necessary testing requirements and follow government mandated face masks requirements and social-distancing efforts.
How far is Atlantis from Nassau airport?
Yes, the driving distance between Nassau Airport (NAS) to Atlantis Paradise Island is 15 km. It takes approximately 15 min to drive from Nassau Airport (NAS) to Atlantis Paradise Island. Where can I stay near Atlantis Paradise Island? There are 111+ hotels available in Atlantis Paradise Island.
Does Nassau have Uber?
No Uber service in the Bahamas.
Does Nassau Airport have duty free?
All the shops along our gorgeous shopping concourse are duty – free and no more than a 3-minute walk from your gate. So end a spectacular vacation by taking home everything you need to remember it by.
Can you buy alcohol at Nassau airport?
Duty Free Shopping: Stock up on duty-free liquor at Airport Liquors Shop Limited. Bahamian Crafts and Gifts: Caribbean Lighthouse sells Bahamian-made souvenirs and jewelry. Newsstands: Look for Bahama Pearl or Cays News to grab a newspaper, magazine, or paperback novel to read on the plane.