- 1 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 2 Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
- 3 What is Nassau famous for?
- 4 Is Nassau Safe 2020?
- 5 Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
- 6 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 9 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 10 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 11 Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 12 What is the best time to go to Nassau Bahamas?
- 13 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 14 Is Bahamas dangerous for tourists?
- 15 Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
Is Nassau Safe 2020?
Nassau, the New Province Island and Grand Bahama are known for violent crime which is also targeting tourists. While not all of the islands is dangerous, you should stay aware of your surroundings at all times.
Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
What is the best time to go to Nassau Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-December to mid-April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season).
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Is Bahamas dangerous for tourists?
However, there are various precautions travelers should take to ensure a safe trip and avoid violent crime. The most dangerous places in the Bahamas are Nassau—the country’s biggest city, located on the island of New Providence—and Grand Bahama.
Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
Water Dangers Do not swim beyond the marked areas or you could get pulled away from the land and even swept out to sea. Most beaches have flags indicating if it’s safe. If you have children, only swim when you see a green flag. Sharks and other possibly dangerous fish roam the waters here.