- 1 How many days do you need in Nassau?
- 2 Where should I vacation in Nassau?
- 3 Is Nassau safe for tourists?
- 4 How much is an average trip to the Bahamas?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 6 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 7 Does Nassau have all inclusive resorts?
- 8 How much is a trip to Nassau?
- 9 What is the best area of Nassau?
- 10 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 11 Is Nassau dangerous?
- 12 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 13 Is going to the Bahamas expensive?
- 14 What’s better Jamaica or Bahamas?
- 15 Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
How many days do you need in Nassau?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips.
Where should I vacation in Nassau?
Popular places to visit in Nassau
- Save Cable Beach to your lists. Cable Beach. Nothing says vacation like spending a lazy day at Cable Beach, a popular beach in Nassau.
- Save Cabbage Beach to your lists. Cabbage Beach.
- Save Aquaventure to your lists. Aquaventure.
Is Nassau safe for tourists?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
How much is an average trip to the Bahamas?
So, a trip to the Bahamas for two people for one week costs on average BS$2,232 ($2,248). All of these average travel prices have been collected from other travelers to help you plan your own travel budget.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Does Nassau have all inclusive resorts?
Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas, is an ideal year-round destination with temperatures generally hovering in the 70s and 80s Fahrenheit. And while Nassau has a past filled with pirating lore, relaxed beachfront all – inclusive Bahamas resorts dominate its present.
How much is a trip to Nassau?
You should plan to spend around BS$120 ($120) per day on your vacation in Nassau, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, BS$38 ($38) on meals for one day and BS$20 ($20) on local transportation.
What is the best area of Nassau?
Where to Stay in Nassau
- Bay Street – Bay Street is a busy street that runs along the coastline.
- Downtown – the downtown area is where you will find most of the tourist attractions, including the Parliament building and the statue of Queen Victoria.
- Paradise Island – this small island is located north of Nassau.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Is Nassau dangerous?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Is going to the Bahamas expensive?
The Bahamas is expensive, and mostly catered to vacationers who want to spend some (or a LOT) of money. With a little creativity, you can trim your budget.
What’s better Jamaica or Bahamas?
While Jamaica has some amazing tropical beaches, like those in Montego bay, Ocho Rios and Negril, the Bahamas comes out on top. The beaches in The Bahamas are so plentiful, and so diverse, that you can find a breathtaking white sand beach on dozens, if not hundreds of the 700 islands across the Bahamian archipelago.
Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.