- 1 What is Gloucester Massachusetts known for?
- 2 What is there to do in downtown Gloucester MA?
- 3 What’s it like to live in Gloucester MA?
- 4 Is Rockport Ma worth visiting?
- 5 Is Gloucester MA Safe?
- 6 Is there a train from Gloucester to Boston?
- 7 What is the best beach in Gloucester MA?
- 8 What is in Gloucester MA?
- 9 What is there to do in Gloucester today?
- 10 Is Gloucester MA expensive?
- 11 Where should I live in Gloucester?
- 12 Is Rockport MA a good place to live?
- 13 Is Rockport MA still a dry town?
- 14 Is Rockport MA nice?
- 15 What is Rockport famous for?
What is Gloucester Massachusetts known for?
Famous for fishing, Gloucester is worth visiting for its history, seafood restaurants, whale watch cruises, artists’ colony, historic houses, and its fine beaches.
What is there to do in downtown Gloucester MA?
10 Incredible Things To Do In Gloucester MA
- Visit Good Harbor Beach.
- Tour Hammond Castle Museum.
- Go Whale Watching.
- See Gloucester Fisherman’s Memorial.
- Visit Wingaersheek Beach.
- Tour Beauport, the Sleeper-McCann House.
- Visit Cape Pond Ice Company.
- Stroll Through Downtown Gloucester.
What’s it like to live in Gloucester MA?
Living in Gloucester offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Gloucester there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals and retirees live in Gloucester and residents tend to lean liberal. The public schools in Gloucester are above average.
Is Rockport Ma worth visiting?
If you’re looking for one of those truly iconic coastal spots, one of the best beach towns in Massachusetts, then Rockport is your answer. And our list of the best things to do in Rockport MA will help you get the most out of your visit to this coastal gem! We have visited Rockport, Massachusetts many times.
Is Gloucester MA Safe?
One’s chance of becoming a victim of crime in Gloucester is one in 136. Compared to communities within Massachusetts, Gloucester’s crime rate is lower than nearly 50% of the state’s cities and towns. It is for these reasons that Gloucester is ranked as one of the top 100 safest cities in the U.S.A.
Is there a train from Gloucester to Boston?
No, there are no direct train services from Gloucester to Boston.
What is the best beach in Gloucester MA?
Beautiful beaches grace the coast of Gloucester, Massachusetts, and you’ll want to visit each of them. 11 Best Beaches in Gloucester, MA
- Good Harbor Beach. Good Harbor Beach.
- Wingaersheek Beach. Wingaersheek Beach.
- Half Moon Beach.
- Pavilion Beach.
- Plum Cove Beach.
- Cressy’s Beach.
- Niles Beach.
- Long Beach.
What is in Gloucester MA?
Top Attractions in Gloucester
- Good Harbor Beach. 693. Beaches.
- Fishermen’s Memorial Monument. 820. Monuments & Statues.
- Hammond Castle Museum. 614. Castles • History Museums.
- Wingaersheek Beach. 305. Beaches.
- Stage Fort Park and Beach. 245. Parks.
- Beauport, the Sleeper-McCann House. 240.
- Cape Ann Museum. 236.
- Main Street. 163.
What is there to do in Gloucester today?
Top Attractions in Gloucester
- Gloucester Cathedral. 3,496. Architectural Buildings • Churches & Cathedrals.
- Jet Age Museum. 599.
- Gloucester Docks. 2,003.
- Gloucester Quays. 946.
- Kingsholm Stadium. 191.
- Gloucester and Sharpness Canal. 185.
- Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum. 251.
- National Waterways Museum Gloucester. 446.
Is Gloucester MA expensive?
The standard of living in Gloucester ranks as #5,469 most affordable out of the 6,522 places we measured in Massachusetts. By definition, that implies Gloucester ranks as the #938 most expensive place in the Bay State. For more reading on life in Gloucester, check out: Living In Gloucester.
Where should I live in Gloucester?
Best Places to Live in Gloucester.
- Quedgeley. Quedgeley sits a few miles to the southwest of Gloucester City centre, along the River Severn.
- Tuffley. Tuffley is in the South of Gloucester City and contains striking green spaces and views, as well as all amenities you could need.
Is Rockport MA a good place to live?
Great downtown area, lots of restaurants, shops, and galleries. Rockport is a dreamy place to live. You’ll be here about an hour before neighbors introduce themselves, and welcome you. The schools are small, so attention is very individual, and every effort is made to meet the needs of every student.
Is Rockport MA still a dry town?
ROCKPORT, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts resort town that has been dry for 162 years now allows alcohol sales in stores. Rockport has been dry since 1856 when resident Hannah Jumper led a procession of 200 women, many wielding hatchets, through the town and destroyed anything containing alcohol.
Is Rockport MA nice?
“A Nice Place to Visit!” Rockport Is a very quaint picturesque town. Located on Cape Ann, just north of Boston, there are lots of shops and some pretty good restaurants. If you like to explore there are plenty of things to keep you occupied or you can just kick back and relax.
What is Rockport famous for?
Rockport is famous for being an active art colony. With 30 galleries featuring works of over 400 artists there is never a shortage of art to explore and the local artists are all happy to discuss and share their work and their journey.