- 1 Where can I sell my antiques on Long Island?
- 2 Where is the best place to sell antique furniture?
- 3 Where can I sell my furniture on Long Island?
- 4 Is there a market for antique furniture?
- 5 How do I find an antique buyer?
- 6 Where can I sell my china on Long Island?
- 7 How do I know if my antique furniture is valuable?
- 8 How do I find the value of antique furniture?
- 9 How do you get antique furniture appraised?
- 10 Does antique furniture hold its value?
- 11 How do I sell high end antique furniture?
- 12 Do antique shops buy items?
Where can I sell my antiques on Long Island?
If you have antiques or collectibles in your home and want to sell them for cash, Syl-lee Antiques is the place to turn to. We have been in the antique business for over 4 decades and serve all parts of Long Island including Nassau County and Suffolk County areas.
Where is the best place to sell antique furniture?
Local places where you could sell your antique furniture are:
- Flea market.
- Local Craigslist marketplace.
- Local Facebook Marketplace.
- Local antiques dealer.
- Local auction house.
- Local newspaper ad.
- Pawn shop.
- Yard Sale.
Where can I sell my furniture on Long Island?
Sell My Used Furniture in Long Island, NY
- Irishmen on The Hudson. Used Furniture Office Equipment & Supplies Furniture Stores.
- Office Furniture Warehouse.
- Maxwell Furn Co Inc.
- Lions Furniture & Collectibles.
- Agate Antiques & Trucking.
- Then Again thrift-Help for People.
- Metro Furniture Service.
- All-County Ofc Furniture Inc.
Is there a market for antique furniture?
Simply put, the market for most antique furniture is moribund and won’t rebound anytime soon, antique appraisers said. Sales of so-called mid-century modern furniture from the 1950s and 60s are especially strong, market watchers say.
How do I find an antique buyer?
10 Best places to sell antiques and collectibles
- RubyLane. RubyLane is the place to sell your antiques if you are a semi-pro antique aficionado.
- Tias. A very simple site that has not been updated in a long time.
- Auction houses.
- Flea markets.
- Antique shops.
Where can I sell my china on Long Island?
Fine China Buyers in Long Island, NY
- P. S. COLLECTION STORE INC. China, Crystal & GlasswareWatchesBoutique Items.
- Pier 1 Imports. China, Crystal & GlasswareHome DecorBaskets.
- Irish Crossroads Ltd. China, Crystal & GlasswareIrish GoodsGift Shops.
- Kitchen Collection.
- 21st Century Concepts.
- Lenox Outlet Store.
- Restoration Hardware.
How do I know if my antique furniture is valuable?
Five Ways to Tell If Furniture Is Actually Antique
- Look for dovetailing. Dovetailing is a sign of quality craftsmanship in woodworking, used to hold together different parts of the same piece of furniture.
- Multiple types of wood is a good thing.
- Beware of furniture that’s made to look old.
- Do a thorough search for labels or stamps.
- Shut out symmetry.
How do I find the value of antique furniture?
Contact a major auction house, such as Sotheby’s or Christie’s, for value lookups on extremely rare or valuable antique furniture. Check websites such as Antique Trader where information of events offering free antique appraisal information is posted.
How do you get antique furniture appraised?
Get the appraisal in writing, with a clear statement, not an estimate, of your item’s worth, along with a description of the methods used to make the appraisal. Be prepared to spend. A reputable appraiser will typically charge by the hour, with rates ranging from $100 to $300 per hour, depending on where you live.
Does antique furniture hold its value?
Retail value is typically the highest price you’ll see for vintage furniture, while wholesale value is the price a dealer would give you for a piece of vintage furniture. This value is often 30-50% less than the retail value. Auction value varies but is usually between the wholesale and retail value.
How do I sell high end antique furniture?
Places to Sell Your Antique Furniture
- eBay – eBay has been a popular place to sell items like antiques and collectibles for many years now.
- Sell.com – Sell.com has been around for as long as other site such as craigslist.
- Craigslist – Good old Craigslist is still a popular place to sell your items.
Do antique shops buy items?
Vintage and antique goods can often bring you money if you’re selling the right items. In my experience, selling at local antique shops will bring you fast money, but not necessarily the most cash. After all, local antique shops buy with the hope of re-selling at a profit.