- 1 Should I stay Paradise Island or Nassau?
- 2 Can you walk from Paradise Island to downtown Nassau?
- 3 What is the best area to stay in the Bahamas?
- 4 How far is Paradise Island from Nassau?
- 5 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 6 Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 How much is taxi from Nassau airport to Paradise Island?
- 9 Is there a bridge from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 10 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 11 What’s better Jamaica or Bahamas?
- 12 How many days do you need in Nassau?
- 13 What is Nassau famous for?
- 14 Is Nassau and Paradise Island the same?
- 15 Does Nassau have Uber?
Should I stay Paradise Island or Nassau?
You’ll fly into Nassau, but definitely stay on Paradise Island where the beaches are better and the area is much safer. You can then go into Nassau during the day for some shopping. At night, always take a taxi. It is not the tourists that you should be concerned with, but the very aggressive locals.
Can you walk from Paradise Island to downtown Nassau?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
What is the best area to stay in the Bahamas?
Where to stay in the Bahamas first time – Nassau Island
- Paradise Island (mix of beach and nightlife)
- Paradise Island (Easy stay with plenty of kids activities)
- Grand Bahama (relaxed beach time with small kids)
- Long Island (secluded with a resort)
- Andros Island (for the marine parks)
- Bimini Islands (for shipwrecks)
How far is Paradise Island from Nassau?
Paradise Island to Nassau and Back Keep in mind that the area just over the bridge is a good 1/2 hour walk from downtown Nassau.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
Freeport is smaller, quieter, safer, better beaches, smaller casinos, better snorkeling, better water and less shopping than Nassau.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How much is taxi from Nassau airport to Paradise Island?
From the Nassau airport taxi rates are approximately $32 to downtown Nassau, $22 to Cable Beach and $38 to Paradise Island—plus the bridge toll. Fares are based on two passengers; there is an additional charge for extra passengers and extra luggage.
Is there a bridge from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Paradise Island is connected to the island of New Providence by two bridges that cross Nassau Harbour. The first was built in 1966 by Resorts International, and the second in the late 1990s.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
What’s better Jamaica or Bahamas?
While Jamaica has some amazing tropical beaches, like those in Montego bay, Ocho Rios and Negril, the Bahamas comes out on top. The beaches in The Bahamas are so plentiful, and so diverse, that you can find a breathtaking white sand beach on dozens, if not hundreds of the 700 islands across the Bahamian archipelago.
How many days do you need in Nassau?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips. Here’s how to make the most of three days in the Bahamian capital.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
Is Nassau and Paradise Island the same?
Nassau is the capital city of the Bahamas and it is located on the island of New Providence. Paradise Island is an island connected to Nassau by two bridges. It lies parallel to Nassau on the Eastern side.
Does Nassau have Uber?
No Uber service in the Bahamas.