- 1 Is it safe to travel to Nassau Bahamas 2020?
- 2 Is Nassau dangerous?
- 3 Where is over the hill in Nassau?
- 4 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 5 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 6 What is bad about the Bahamas?
- 7 Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
- 8 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 9 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 10 What is over the hill in Nassau Bahamas?
- 11 How do you get around Nassau?
- 12 Where is Nassau?
- 13 What is the safest island in the Bahamas to live?
- 14 What is the safest part of the Bahamas?
- 15 How many murders have there been in the Bahamas in 2020?
Is it safe to travel to Nassau Bahamas 2020?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Is Nassau dangerous?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
Where is over the hill in Nassau?
The ” Over-the-Hill ” area south of downtown is the poorest part of Nassau, and tourists might want to be wary. It is, however, much nicer than “slums” in the Third World and, indeed, parts of the United States. Some criminals target restaurants and nightclubs frequented by tourists.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is bad about the Bahamas?
While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
Water Dangers Do not swim beyond the marked areas or you could get pulled away from the land and even swept out to sea. Most beaches have flags indicating if it’s safe. If you have children, only swim when you see a green flag. Sharks and other possibly dangerous fish roam the waters here.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
What is over the hill in Nassau Bahamas?
” Over-the-Hill ” is the actual name of this poor residential district, where descendants of former slaves built rainbow-hued houses, leaving the most desirable lands around the harbor to the rich folk. This, not the historic core of Nassau around Rawson Square, is truly the heart of Bahamian -African culture.
How do you get around Nassau?
Your best bet is to stick with taxis, jitneys (local medium sized buses) and the ferry boats.
- Public Jitney. There are many jitney buses traveling around Nassau and into the suburban areas of Nassau.
- Paradise Island to Nassau and Back.
- Atlantis Casino Shuttles.
- Scooter Rentals.
- Horse Drawn Surrey.
Where is Nassau?
The capital city of The Bahamas, Nassau is located in New Providence.
What is the safest island in the Bahamas to live?
1. Paradise Island. Paradise Island is located just off the northern coast of New Providence, the most populous island in The Bahamas. Facing the archipelago’s capital Nassau and connected to it by two bridges, Paradise Island is one of the most popular, easily accessible and family-friendly destinations in the country
What is the safest part of the Bahamas?
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
- The Exumas.
- Harbour Island.
- Long Island.
- San Salvador.
How many murders have there been in the Bahamas in 2020?
73 murders recorded in 2020. NASSAU, BAHAMAS — Overall crime decreased by 16 percent in 2020, statistics released by Commissioner of Police Paul Rolle yesterday revealed.