- 1 What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- 2 What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
- 3 What are the best shore excursions in Nassau?
- 4 Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 What are the most dangerous cruise ports?
- 8 Can you visit Atlantis for free?
- 9 Is Nassau dangerous?
- 10 What is the best excursion in Nassau?
- 11 Is it better to book excursions before cruise?
- 12 Is the Atlantis excursion worth the money?
- 13 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 14 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 15 What cruise lines go to Nassau?
What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
The 12 Best Things to Do in Nassau on a Cruise
- #1 Visit the Atlantis Resort.
- #2 Trip to Rose Island.
- #3 See the Queen’s Staircase.
- #4 Junkanoo Beach.
- #5 Señor Frog’s.
- #6 Mini Sub Tour.
- #7 Snorkeling Tour.
- #8 Excursion to Pearl Island.
What are the best shore excursions in Nassau?
Let’s check out the best Nassau shore excursions.
- Atlantis Aquaventure.
- Atlantis Aquaventure & Dolphin Cay Interaction.
- Seahorse Sail & Snorkel.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day.
- Balmoral Island Stingray & Beach Day.
- First Strike Deep Sea Fishing.
- Blue Lagoon Island Sea Lion Encounter and Beach Day.
Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
Cruise ships visiting Nassau dock at the Prince George Wharf within short walking distance of Bay Street and the downtown district.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
What are the most dangerous cruise ports?
10 Of The Most Dangerous Cruise Ports To Avoid (10 Tourist Favorites)
- 8 Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 7 Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 6 Tunis, Tunisha.
- 5 Margarita Island, Venezuela.
- 4 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 3 Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- 2 Izmit, Turkey.
- 1 Aden, Yemen.
Can you visit Atlantis for free?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
Is Nassau dangerous?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What is the best excursion in Nassau?
These experiences are best for tours in Nassau:
- Sandy Toes Full Day Excursion to Rose Island.
- Full-Day Small-Group Tour to Pig Beach by Powerboat.
- ATV Island Tour (Beach Break, Lunch, Free Tropical Drinks & Rum Cake Souvenir)
- Exuma Full-day Experience.
- WE SAIL IF AT LEAST TWO PEOPLE BOOK Sail to Beautiful Rose Island Beach.
Is it better to book excursions before cruise?
Booking Onboard. If you’ve done your research and have decided to book ship tours, think carefully about whether to book in advance or wait until you get onboard. It’s best to book in advance for limited-availability excursions (like flightseeing in Alaska or Hawaii) and must-do tours.
Is the Atlantis excursion worth the money?
My answer is yes! The Atlantis Beach Day and Discover Atlantis excursion is worth the money! It was an amazing and awesome experience is many ways.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
What cruise lines go to Nassau?
Cruises to Nassau, Bahamas | Royal Caribbean Cruises.