- 1 Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 What is Nassau Bahamas known for?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 7 Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
- 8 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 9 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
- 11 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
- 12 Do you need a passport to go to the Bahamas?
- 13 What celebrities live in Nassau Bahamas?
- 14 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 15 What are the best things to buy in the Bahamas?
Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
Parliament Square located at (1) on our Walking Tour map of things to do in Nassau Bahamas.
- Nassau Public Library and Museum.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Gregory’s Arch.
- Government House & Statue of Christopher Columbus.
- Heritage Museum of The Bahamas.
- National Art Gallery of the Bahamas.
- John Watling’s Distillery.
What is Nassau Bahamas known for?
20 amazing things The Bahamas are known for
- Pristine white sand beaches and turquoise waters.
- The swimming pigs of Exuma.
- The playground of the world’s rich and famous.
- History of pirates.
- Fantastic scuba diving and snorkeling.
- The first landing of Christopher Columbus.
- The Bahama Mama cocktail.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
How much money will you need for your trip to the Bahamas? You should plan to spend around BS$159 ($159) per day on your vacation in the Bahamas, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
Do you need a passport to go to the Bahamas?
While The Bahamas is a visa-free destination, U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas.
What celebrities live in Nassau Bahamas?
Celebrities and billionaires
- Nicolas Cage – owns estate residence on Paradise Island and a private island in the Exuma chains.
- Mariah Carey – owns a house on Windermere, a private island connected to Eleuthera, where she married Nick Cannon in 2008.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
What are the best things to buy in the Bahamas?
Amazing Things to Buy in The Bahamas
- Straw Goods.
- Conch Shell Jewelry.
- Jams and Jellies.
- Pine Seed Doll.
- Junkanoo Art.