- 1 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 2 Can you walk to a beach in Nassau?
- 3 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 4 Which Is Better Cable Beach or Cabbage Beach?
- 5 What part of the Bahamas is the nicest?
- 6 Which Bahama Island is the most beautiful?
- 7 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 8 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 9 How far is the beach from Nassau cruise port?
- 10 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 11 Can you use Atlantis Beach free?
- 12 Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
- 13 Is Cable Beach Bahamas safe?
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
Can you walk to a beach in Nassau?
It is found in Paradise Island Nassau, between the Atlantis hotel and the Paradise Island Resort. You can walk to this beach from downtown Nassau or take a taxi here.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
Which Is Better Cable Beach or Cabbage Beach?
In the winter months (or stormy months) Cabbage Beach can be closed down for dangerous water conditions and undertows. Cable Beach is generally calmer, so it’s a better bet when the waves are crashing. You can generally tell when you are coming into the harbour.
What part of the Bahamas is the nicest?
Paradise Island (mix of beach and nightlife) If you are looking for some nightlife then Nassau and Paradise Island are the best places to stay in the Bahamas. The Atlantis Cove is a must-try with a beautiful pool, great rooms, fantastic nightlife and all the activities of Paradise Island.
Which Bahama Island is the most beautiful?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
How far is the beach from Nassau cruise port?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Can you use Atlantis Beach free?
Guests can stay at the Comfort Suites for a fraction of the price of Atlantis, but spend their days taking advantage of Atlantis’s amenities. And like we ‘ve said above, all beaches are free and open to the public — it just requires a walk to get there.
Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
Is Cable Beach Bahamas safe?
Located west of downtown, Cable Beach is a nice choice for some beach time while in Nassau. This is a popular spot with lots of shade for Bahamians that actually go to the beach.