- 1 Is it a good time to go to the Bahamas in February?
- 2 Is the water warm in the Bahamas in February?
- 3 How is the weather in Bahamas in February?
- 4 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 7 Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
- 8 Are there sharks in Bahamas?
- 9 Is it safe to go to Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 How warm is Nassau in February?
- 11 What is the rainy season in the Bahamas?
- 12 Do you need passport for Bahamas?
- 13 How many murders have there been in the Bahamas in 2020?
- 14 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 15 What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
Is it a good time to go to the Bahamas in February?
The months of January and February are great for traveling to the Bahamas for people who love the sun, but not extreme heat and humidity. There is also a great balance of heat and cool in March. Keep in mind that the evenings may get Caribbean chilly*, so pack appropriately.
Is the water warm in the Bahamas in February?
The sea is warm enough for swimming all year round, even though on the northern islands it is slightly cooler, at least in the winter months: in Nassau the water temperature ranges from 24 °C (75 °F) in February and March to 29 °C (84 °F) between July and September.
How is the weather in Bahamas in February?
Daily high temperatures are around 78°F, rarely falling below 72°F or exceeding 83°F. Daily low temperatures are around 67°F, rarely falling below 59°F or exceeding 73°F.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
No. The shallow water and sunlight keep the beaches at a moderate temperature. You will find it cooler than July but still very tolerable for swimming, snorkeling and diving.
Are there sharks in Bahamas?
Sharks in The Bahamas are well protected. It’s the only country in the world to declare the entire marine habitat a shark sanctuary. There are 40 species of sharks within the 243,000 square miles of the country’s territorial waters.
Is it safe to go to Nassau Bahamas?
*** Effective January 26, 2021, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. The CDC advises that travelers should avoid all travel to destinations at Level 4.
How warm is Nassau in February?
What is the temperature in February in Nassau? The average high- temperature, in February, in Nassau, is 25.7°C (78.3°F), while the average low- temperature is 17.3°C (63.1°F).
What is the rainy season in the Bahamas?
Best Time to Visit The Bahamas for Good Weather: The climate in The Bahamas is tropical, with a hot and rainy season from May to October and a cooler season from November to April.
Do you need passport for Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
How many murders have there been in the Bahamas in 2020?
73 murders recorded in 2020. NASSAU, BAHAMAS — Overall crime decreased by 16 percent in 2020, statistics released by Commissioner of Police Paul Rolle yesterday revealed.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
Celebrities and billionaires
- Nicolas Cage – owns estate residence on Paradise Island and a private island in the Exuma chains.
- Mariah Carey – owns a house on Windermere, a private island connected to Eleuthera, where she married Nick Cannon in 2008.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs.