- 1 Where should I stay in Nassau?
- 2 What is the best island to stay in the Bahamas?
- 3 Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
- 4 Where is best to stay in the Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 How many days do you need in Nassau?
- 7 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 8 Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
- 9 Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
- 10 Is the Bahamas Safe for Tourists 2020?
- 11 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 12 What is bad about the Bahamas?
- 13 Where should we stay in Atlantis Bahamas?
- 14 Where do couples go in Bahamas?
- 15 How do you travel between islands in the Bahamas?
Where should I stay in Nassau?
Where to Stay in Nassau
- Bay Street – Bay Street is a busy street that runs along the coastline.
- Downtown – the downtown area is where you will find most of the tourist attractions, including the Parliament building and the statue of Queen Victoria.
- Paradise Island – this small island is located north of Nassau.
What is the best island to stay in the Bahamas?
The Best Island To Visit In The Bahamas
- New Providence and Paradise Island.
- Grand Bahama Island.
- The Abacos.
- Andros, Bimini and The Berry Islands.
- Eleuthera and Harbour Island.
- The Exumas.
- The Southern islands.
Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
- The Exumas.
- Harbour Island.
- Long Island.
- San Salvador.
Where is best to stay in the Bahamas?
Where to stay in the Bahamas first time – Nassau Island
- Paradise Island (mix of beach and nightlife)
- Paradise Island (Easy stay with plenty of kids activities)
- Grand Bahama (relaxed beach time with small kids)
- Long Island (secluded with a resort)
- Andros Island (for the marine parks)
- Bimini Islands (for shipwrecks)
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How many days do you need in Nassau?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips. Here’s how to make the most of three days in the Bahamian capital.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
The Cove Resort at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas.
Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
While Jamaica has some amazing tropical beaches, like those in Montego bay, Ocho Rios and Negril, the Bahamas comes out on top. The beaches in The Bahamas are so plentiful, and so diverse, that you can find a breathtaking white sand beach on dozens, if not hundreds of the 700 islands across the Bahamian archipelago.
Is the Bahamas Safe for Tourists 2020?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is bad about the Bahamas?
While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Where should we stay in Atlantis Bahamas?
Atlantis – Harborside Resort, The Cove at Atlantis, and The Coral at Atlantis are all popular resorts for travelers staying in Atlantis Bahamas.
Where do couples go in Bahamas?
Most Romantic Hotels in the Bahamas
- The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas. See more prices.
- The Cove Eleuthera. Gregory Town, Eleuthera.
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island. Nassau, New Providence Island.
- Fowl Cay Resort. Great Exuma, Caribbean.
- Pink Sands Resort. Harbour Island, Caribbean.
- Paradise Cove Beach Resort.
How do you travel between islands in the Bahamas?
When you are planning to travel between two islands, your options could be fast air-conditioned ferries operated by ‘ Bahamas Ferries’, or taking a domestic flight operated by the national airline ‘ Bahamas Air’, or even a Mailboat (slow ferries which are still in operation since old days).