- 1 How long is the boat ride from Miami to Nassau?
- 2 Which airports fly direct to Nassau?
- 3 How much is a boat ride from Miami to Nassau?
- 4 How do you get around Nassau without a car?
- 5 Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 6 How much is the ferry from Miami to Bahamas?
- 7 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 8 What month is the cheapest to fly to Bahamas?
- 9 Who flies nonstop to Nassau?
- 10 Can you take a ferry from Miami to Nassau?
- 11 Can you see the Bahamas from Florida?
- 12 Do you need passport for ferry to Bahamas?
- 13 How many days do you need in Nassau?
- 14 Is food expensive in the Bahamas?
- 15 Is there Uber in Nassau?
How long is the boat ride from Miami to Nassau?
Charter Boat from Miami to Nassau, the Bahamas The first leg of the trip departs from Miami and travels 177 nautical miles to Nassau, Bahamas. This trip takes about ten hours by yacht and in about three days by sailboat.
Which airports fly direct to Nassau?
See how easy it is to get here.
- American Airlines. Nonstops from Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Miami, LaGuardia, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
- Bahamasair. Nonstops from Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Orlando.
- Delta Air Lines.
- Frontier Airlines.
- JetBlue Airways.
- Silver Airways.
- Southwest Airlines.
How much is a boat ride from Miami to Nassau?
The cheapest ferry tickets will allow you to enjoy Bimini island or Grand Bahama from approximately $198 + tax, per person (round trip ). Our customers last bookings.
|Ft. Lauderdale||Grand Bahama|
|1 adult booked on February 01 travelling on March 04 to March 11||$ 195,00 + tax $56,00|
How do you get around Nassau without a car?
Your best bet is to stick with taxis, jitneys (local medium sized buses) and the ferry boats.
- Public Jitney. There are many jitney buses traveling around Nassau and into the suburban areas of Nassau.
- Paradise Island to Nassau and Back.
- Atlantis Casino Shuttles.
- Scooter Rentals.
- Horse Drawn Surrey.
Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
How much is the ferry from Miami to Bahamas?
The going rate for Balearia Caribbean ferry is about 99 dollars each way from Miami to Freeport and back. Some of the cruises, especially the two-day ones, often include some kind of meal in the price.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
What month is the cheapest to fly to Bahamas?
Top tips for finding cheap flights to The Bahamas. High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Who flies nonstop to Nassau?
Direct from United States
|Delta flights||jetBlue flights|
|American Airlines flights||Southwest Airlines flights|
|United flights||Bahamasair flights|
Can you take a ferry from Miami to Nassau?
The best way to get from Miami to Nassau without a car is to ferry and car ferry which takes 14h 8m and costs $240 – $280.
Can you see the Bahamas from Florida?
You can see the Bahamas from Miami when viewing from the top of Panorama Tower in Miami. It’s the tallest building in Miami and is the best place to observe the Bahamas if the weather allows it. Cloudless days and clear nights provide the best views.
Do you need passport for ferry to Bahamas?
Sea Travel When traveling to the Bahamas by sea, including on a private vessel or ferry such as a cruise line, Americans of all ages must hold a valid passport book or passport card. The passport card is only good for land and sea travel in countries in the Western Hemisphere, such as the Bahamas.
How many days do you need in Nassau?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips.
Is food expensive in the Bahamas?
While meal prices in the Bahamas can vary, the average cost of food in the Bahamas is BS$42 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in the Bahamas should cost around BS$17 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Is there Uber in Nassau?
(Rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft are not available in the Bahamas.) The islands’ biggest airports are Nassau’s Lynden Pindling International Airport (LPIA), Grand Bahama International Airport (FPO) and Exuma International Airport (GGT).