- 1 How far is Atlantis from Nassau cruise port?
- 2 Can you walk from Atlantis to Nassau?
- 3 How do you get from Nassau port to Paradise Island?
- 4 How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
- 5 Can you go to Atlantis Casino for free?
- 6 Where do the cruise ships dock in Bahamas?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Is it safe to walk around downtown Nassau?
- 9 How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 Is Nassau and Paradise Island the same?
- 11 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 12 How do you get to Atlantis Paradise Island?
- 13 Is water in Nassau safe to drink?
- 14 Does Atlantis have free airport shuttle?
- 15 Do you tip in the Bahamas?
How far is Atlantis from Nassau cruise port?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
Can you walk from Atlantis to Nassau?
It’s about a 15-minute walk from the ferry dock or about 10 minutes from Atlantis. First, you ‘ll walk from the dock up to the road at the end of the Sydney Poitier Bridge (the bridge to Nassau ). From there, you ‘ll come to a light at Paradise Beach Drive.
How do you get from Nassau port to Paradise Island?
Step by Step
- When you walk off the cruise ship, exit the terminal and walk towards all the shops along the bayfront.
- You will be on a sidewalk that goes along the pier.
- Once the company fills the water taxi, you’ll start your 20-minute journey from the Nassau cruise pier to Paradise Island.
How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to The Royal at Atlantis, Nassau is to taxi which costs $80 – $100 and takes 21 min. 3
Can you go to Atlantis Casino for free?
As our guest, you have full access to all Atlantis water park features at no additional cost. All other Atlantis services such as the Mandara Spa, the Comedy Club and our Business Center, are yours to enjoy for a nominal fee.
Where do the cruise ships dock in Bahamas?
Where do the cruise ships dock in Nassau Bahamas? Cruise ships dock just outside of Nassau’s historic downtown at Prince George Wharf. Being the most visited port in the Bahamas and a popular destination for cruise ships is a very lively port.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Is it safe to walk around downtown Nassau?
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK: LOW Nassau isn’t the safest destination for solo female travelers. Women have reported catcalls and sexual harassment while walking on the streets of this city. If you are a female solo traveler, you are advised to reject rides from strangers or taxi drivers who appear unlicensed.
How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Is Nassau and Paradise Island the same?
Nassau is the capital city of the Bahamas and it is located on the island of New Providence. Paradise Island is an island connected to Nassau by two bridges. It lies parallel to Nassau on the Eastern side.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
How do you get to Atlantis Paradise Island?
Getting There To get to Atlantis, fly into Nassau International Airport, then take a taxi across the bridge connecting the island of New Providence with Paradise Island. Airport transfers also can be arranged through the resort when you book a room.
Is water in Nassau safe to drink?
Drinking water is generally of good quality Drinking tap water in the Bahamas is generally of good quality and safety is considered to be well regulated.
Does Atlantis have free airport shuttle?
We are conveniently located minutes from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport and offer complimentary airport shuttle for all hotel guests. The Atlantis shuttle runs from 4:30 am until 12:15 am. The shuttle departs the airport every 30 minutes, on the quarter hour, and can be found directly outside baggage claim.
Do you tip in the Bahamas?
Tipping is customary in The Bahamas, and you should tip according to the quality of service you receive. Bellboys and porters usually receive $1 per bag, while most other servers (waiters, taxis, etc.) receive 15%.