- 1 How do you get around Nassau without a car?
- 2 Is there public transportation in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Is Uber available in Bahamas?
- 4 How do I get a taxi in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 How many days do you need in Nassau?
- 6 Is food expensive in the Bahamas?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
- 9 Do you tip in Bahamas?
- 10 Are taxis expensive in Bahamas?
- 11 How long is a boat ride from Nassau to Exuma?
- 12 Is Nassau safe for tourists?
- 13 Is water in Nassau safe to drink?
- 14 Can you drink tap water in the Bahamas?
- 15 How much does a taxi cost from Nassau Airport to Atlantis?
How do you get around Nassau without a car?
Your best bet is to stick with taxis, jitneys (local medium sized buses) and the ferry boats.
- Public Jitney. There are many jitney buses traveling around Nassau and into the suburban areas of Nassau.
- Paradise Island to Nassau and Back.
- Atlantis Casino Shuttles.
- Scooter Rentals.
- Horse Drawn Surrey.
Is there public transportation in Nassau Bahamas?
Transportation in Nassau: Jitney Bus For a convenient and inexpensive way to get around Nassau in the Bahamas, it’s hard to beat the local Jitney bus service. Jitneys cost a mere $1.00 each way, run frequently, and can take you all the way from one end of the island to the other.
Is Uber available in Bahamas?
(Rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft are not available in the Bahamas.) On the flipside, if you are looking to do a lot of sightseeing beyond your accommodations, renting a car will be more convenient and budget friendly.
How do I get a taxi in Nassau Bahamas?
In Nassau and Paradise Island, taxis are available in plenty. Other than in airports and cruise port, you can get them at several taxi stands (locally known as taxi ranks). There are taxi companies and you can also call a taxi over phone. Your hotel can also help in calling a taxi.
How many days do you need in Nassau?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips.
Is food expensive in the Bahamas?
While meal prices in the Bahamas can vary, the average cost of food in the Bahamas is BS$42 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in the Bahamas should cost around BS$17 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
Whether you need to get to your hotel from the airport or want to explore Nassau, you should always avoid taxis that appear unlicensed. Your best bet: Ask the front door staff at your hotel or resort, or the restaurant or club you’re visiting, to arrange a licensed taxi for you.
Do you tip in Bahamas?
Tipping is customary in The Bahamas, and you should tip according to the quality of service you receive. Bellboys and porters usually receive $1 per bag, while most other servers (waiters, taxis, etc.) receive 15%.
Are taxis expensive in Bahamas?
Taxi fares can be very expensive, especially during the high season. Taxis to Paradise Island will take you across the bridge from Nassau. They shouldn’t cost more than $5 per person. Rides are about 5 to10 minutes depending on Bay Street traffic.
How long is a boat ride from Nassau to Exuma?
Nassau to Exuma day trip by ferry The ride lasts about four hours round trip so you would be best suited to decide if time is of the essence on your Exuma excursions from Nassau.
Is Nassau safe for tourists?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Is water in Nassau safe to drink?
Drinking water is generally of good quality Drinking tap water in the Bahamas is generally of good quality and safety is considered to be well regulated.
Can you drink tap water in the Bahamas?
Drinking Water Tap water in Nassau Paradise Island is safe to drink, but bottled water is readily available throughout the island.
How much does a taxi cost from Nassau Airport to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport ( NAS ) to Atlantis Paradise Island is to taxi which costs $60 – $75 and takes 15 min.